Weekend Riding

Zealot

Drove over 1000 miles this weekend to ride a few laps around a quarter mile track at a park. 

It was worth every mile!  :-). Rode with the grand kids and my daughter and had a blast. And we spent a good amount if time on the beach as well, that was an added plus.

Edited by Zealot
  • Heart 3

I have hauled four bikes to Virginia for a week and my bike got ridden 350 miles, the other three bikes got five miles each.  I do love riding with my granddaughter.

:nod head: Grand kids are a joy. 

If you don't mind my asking, where about in VA? I grew up in VA at the northern terminus to Shenandoah National Park.

:nod head: Grand kids are a joy. 

If you don't mind my asking, where about in VA? I grew up in VA at the northern terminus to Shenandoah National Park.

​My wife's younger sister lives in Williamsburg.  Her older sister lives near us in Pennsylvania.  Every summer we try to get down there for a week, I take my wife and her older sister down and the women do women stuff all week and I ride around and explore.  I gave up hauling bikes down for the women because they are not really interested in riding.   

It is great to take bikes on a trip!.  I have rented bikes on vacations where we did not drive, twice in Minnesota (visiting son and DIL), and once in Maui.  I am getting a receiver hitch put on my jeep this week so I can use a better bike rack, one that the weight rests on the wheels rather than the top tube (my current rack).  I will borrow a Thule rack my car pool partner has for the trip next week to Davis, CA.

It is great to take bikes on a trip!.  I have rented bikes on vacations where we did not drive, twice in Minnesota (visiting son and DIL), and once in Maui.  I am getting a receiver hitch put on my jeep this week so I can use a better bike rack, one that the weight rests on the wheels rather than the top tube (my current rack).  I will borrow a Thule rack my car pool partner has for the trip next week to Davis, CA.

Biggest drawback for my truck rack is it acts like a parachute! Kills my gas mileage when the bikes are on it. Thinking about a roof rack.

Have fun in Davis !!

• Heart 1