Good morning

Dirtyhip

​run barefoot.

​I should have said if I run on my dirt/gravel road I'll mess up my running shoes.  They have dumped multiple loads of crushed limestone on my road recently to try to control the mud.  The Amish kids have even slowed down on my road.  They go to school barefoot and when the road is well packed they run home from school.  All of this loose sharp stone has them walking or running along the berm.  I do run barefoot in my yard but I only have two acres so it's a lot of circling around.

Hey, DH, ever ride around Crater Lake?  I'll bet you showed that rim who's boss.  They probably have a lot of MTB trails around there.

​I did the road ride last year, and several years prior.  I also have done the Crater Lake Century.  My usual Crater Lake route is to park down in Ft Klamath and ride up to the rim and around it.  It's a 70 mile ride with about 6600 ft of gain.

Since it is a national park, there are no MTB trails.  Although, I heard a scuttlebutt about them putting one in soon.  I am not holding my breath.  This area caters to hikers, and XC skiers. I wanted to ride my fat bike around the rim (pavement under the snow) and I was given a flat NO to that.  They close the road to cars and that road becomes a hiking trail.  Hikers are entitled bastards.

• Heart 1

6600 feet in 70 miles is substantial.  I did 2500 a couple weeks ago in 50 and felt pretty good about that.  See?  You can't deny you are a biking animal.

​That is about my average.  This year:  1581 miles and 146,467 ft climbed so far. This week I have about 16 miles, but I climbed 1690 ft.

It's hilly here and I go out and hunt the climbs.

• Heart 1