Some Boring Beanz Cyling GoPro Footage

Mr. Beanz

I used that shake video enhancer on you tube, it adds some really weird wavy sheot. I used the 1080 high def setting so a few scenes look decent. But it's a pain in the arse editing the high def stuff, takes a long time to open and save the files in movie maker.

oh well her is some boring cycling video for you to complain about.  :huh:

• Heart 3

Thanks for the cool video, Beanz.  You have some great unmolested areas (paved bike trails) to ride out there.  Enjoy!   :)

Ya know, I've been riding this trail for 17 years now. It's now starting to get a little too heavily traveled. We miss a lot of the traffic as we start a bit later than most.

But around this time of year, the wind kicks up and the riders vanish into thin air, so it's a little more enjoyable, even with some wind!  :P

Looks like a gorgeous day! Jealous.

You're right; that is some really weird jello effect! I wonder if it's partly due to the 1080 resolution. I feel bad sticking to the 720, but it keeps that jello to a bare minimum. But that is a lot of wavy/jello from the youtube deshaker.

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

This is what I use. I went to the site to get the link, and I see it is at 3.0 now. I'll have to update! This software does a pretty good job. I'll have to finish some video I have about half processed to show the before and after; it's amazing! It's a ride in downtown Grand Rapids MI where they like their "cobbles". Fun ride, but tough for video.

P.S. I sure hope the video posted here wasn't taken via helmet cam; that 360 degree swing-around is a little disturbing if you are using a helmet cam!   :D

• Heart 1

the videos I take I record at 720 instead of 1080.. it seems to cut down the bouncing effect.

Most of my vids are 7020 with 60 fps so that the slow mo looks better when I use it. I only set this one at 1080 so that I could use the narrow view instead of wide view I usually use. Just testing the thing and it jiggles a lot. Maybe in a car on a dash but the bike is too bouncy I guess!

This is my GP2, my GP3 does not have narrow view in any of the settings.

the videos I take I record at 720 instead of 1080.. it seems to cut down the bouncing effect. 

I rarely use 1080 but now that I have, I see the difference. I also use the 60 fps instead of the 30 as I've been told it looks better when going slo mo.

I did use the you tube stabilizer in this video and it's got a weird wave. Doesn't happen without the you tube stabilizer.

I rarely use 1080 but now that I have, I see the difference. I also use the 60 fps instead of the 30 as I've been told it looks better when going slo mo.

I did use the you tube stabilizer in this video and it's got a weird wave. Doesn't happen without the you tube stabilizer.

have you even tried the 960p @ 30fps

I am using an older GoPro. it is the original Hero, I can't talk myself into upgrading if this one is working for what I need. 

• Heart 1

have you even tried the 960p @ 30fps

I am using an older GoPro. it is the original Hero, I can't talk myself into upgrading if this one is working for what I need. 

I've tried it once or twice but didn't see much of a difference between the 720 and 960.

But I did not pay attention to the bouncing when I used the 960. 

Is there a difference in bouncing between the two?....720 bounces plenty 'nuff in itself. Would the 960 be any better, anybody?