Tonight's cooking adventure

petitepedal

Well..not really cooking...  I wanted to find something else to do with bean sprouts..other than Lettuce Wraps..so that I could possibly use an entire bag before they go bad.  So on Sunday,  I googled recipes with bean sprouts and found a broccoli,beef, & bean sprout pasta salad. I copied the recipe for the sauce: 3 cloves of garlic, 6 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1Tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1Tbsp sugar, 1Tbsp Sesame Oil, 1tsp ground ginger, 3/4 tsp hot pepper flakes, 2Tbsp mayo and 1/4 cup vegetable oil....I made a list of the ingredients, but did not take down amounts...:P  pasta (it called for a pound I think) broccoli, beef, carrots, red pepper, bean sprouts, green onion and cilantro.  

I had a piece (almost 1/3 of a pound...maybe) of grilled steak...I cooked about a quarter of a package of the penne pasta it called for. and just put it together..I made about 1/2 a recipe of the sauce...and went for it...I did use fresh grated ginger.. It turned out very colorful...and taste pretty good...I might tweak the sauce a bit..but then I tweaked it in the first place...  Oh I have at least 2 if not 3 more meals left of this.

I would actually try and make it again!

Now help...I just got a bunch of asparagus...and I already have a bunch at home...I need to cook it up..

Pickle and can that asparagus.  Whole cloves of garlic, dill, crushed red pepper and vinegar.  Good stuff at picnics and bbqs.

I made chicken from hell.  8 ounces ground chicken breast, can of chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped, shredded mexican cheese.  Mix together and stuff into halved jalapenos and wrap with 1/3 slice bacon.  Secure with toothpick.  Smoke in a charcoal grill for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and smoky.  You can thank me later.