Dinner (not safe for vegans)

One large bag of jalapenos at the grocery was marked $1.00.  I can't pass up a bargain like that.  I also had some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the fridge that needed to be used up.  I combined eight ounces ground chicken, with chopped chipotles and adobo sauce and some shredded cheddar.  Halved and seeded 15 jalapenos.  Stuffed 30 halves with the chicken mixture and wrapped each with third of a slice of bacon.  Indirect heat in the Weber with hardwood and hickory chunks and opened a beer.  Thirty minutes later, a fine dinner.  Eating them was like Russian roulette as some jalapenos were really hot and others were just right.

photo 1(2).JPG

photo 2(2).JPG

• Heart 1

I also had some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the fridge that needed to be used up. 

Unpossible. That stuff has infinte shelf life! I mulch them up in the blender and keep a container of purée in the fridge, at all times. Whenever I want some heat/smoke in something , I toss some of that in. Never had a batch go bad

Eating them was like Russian roulette as some jalapenos were really hot and others were just right.

Heh. My sister gave a me a jar of pickled jalapeños. I gingerly nibbled the first one.....not bad. Cautiously ate the second one..."oh these aren't all that hot".

Bit into the third one and it almost took the top of my head off. I asked her how she knew to load the jar that way....

(And while I'm not up on my vegan "rules" I think beer from a can with a picture of a deer on it is ok....)