My neighbor who lost her husband

AirwickWithCheese

Negative. This thread was is about a man's yard. If the man takes pride in his yard, isn't it reasonable to expect his widow to respect his memory and not allow his grass to be cut within a week of his demise? 

It crossed my mind when I heard the riding mower this morning that it was just too soon. However, tonight I'm thinking maybe a visiting family member decided to help the wife out with the grass because of love for her and respect for Jeff. 

So, family or friend mowing the yard perfectly acceptable.  

Lawn service a bit unseemly.  

Negative. This thread was is about a man's yard. If the man takes pride in his yard, isn't it reasonable to expect his widow to respect his memory and not allow his grass to be cut within a week of his demise? 

​Perhaps she wanted to respect his memory by maintaining the lawn that her husband took pride in.

My neighbor who lost her husband a few years ago was cutting her grass in cutoff jean shorts yesterday. Did I mention that my wife thought I should offer to cut her grass for her last year? Just what I need, another wife and another honey do list. :rolleyes:

• Heart 1

It crossed my mind when I heard the riding mower this morning that it was just too soon. However, tonight I'm thinking maybe a visiting family member decided to help the wife out with the grass because of love for her and respect for Jeff. 

So, family or friend mowing the yard perfectly acceptable.  

Lawn service a bit unseemly.  

​How do you know the lawn service wasn't a friend?