Onbike wins big in Scotland.

Page Turner

British election results produce seismic political shift in Scotland

Just eight months after ­losing a referendum to declare Scotland’s independence from the United Kingdom, the Scottish National Party (SNP) was poised Thursday night to sweep the bulk of the region’s 59 parliamentary seats.

LONDON — The 2015 British election will be remembered for much more than which party ran first in the overall voting. It will be known at least as much as the election that produced a seismic political shift in Scotland that changed the face of British politics.

• Heart 1

Yes, my party swept the board and I can say that it was probably my own efforts that were responsible for this. :nod head:

All that trudging around the doors with aching knees and back paid off in the end and we emerged triumphant. 

• Heart 1

Yes, my party swept the board and I can say that it was probably my own efforts that were responsible for this. :nod head:

All that trudging around the doors with aching knees and back paid off in the end and we emerged triumphant. 

...I think it was because I prayed for you to Jesus.:)  Whatever, savour your victory and try take the high road with the pitiful losers.

Edited by Page Turner

​Will you mention me when you get your audience with Her Royal Highness?

• Heart 1

​Did you forget about the desertion part already?

​That is what I want him to bring up.  Maybe he can get the sharr name unbesmirched.  I snuck into Engerlanderland a few years back for a wedding.  Lucky to get out alive and unbuggered, for the most part.

Thank you gentlemen....and Bosomysox, it was indeed a magnificent victory and thoroughly deserved I may say.

I stand here in my kilt with sporran as usual absolutely horizontal, and modestly accept your congratulations. Now I have to say that there were other people that helped to bring this victory about,  but it would be false modesty not to acknowledge that it was mainly due to my own efforts. 

• Heart 2

Rookie Scots flood into British Parliament amid excitement and concern

...am I the only one who is frightened by this ?

​Don't be frightened. Each of these female MPs are certified virgins. We insisted on this and demanded a note form their mothers to this effect.

I'm a bit puzzled as I've heard nothing from wee Nicola and am left wondering if the message offering me a high post in Government has gone straight into spam. If I've been deliberately ignored then it will break my heart. My knees are comprehensively knackered from climbing stairs and my hands are all scraped from shoving pamphlets through letterboxes with springs so strong as to make a Pit bull blanch. I'm too old for this politics business.

...I appreciate your efforts.  I really do.  But that green eyed strawberry blonde looks like she could have me for lunch and still enjoy dessert.

​Please...no more of this sexist macho posturing. We deplore this sort of thing in the Party and are determined to stamp this out. We are also against sex (or at least most of the older members are) and will be introducing a bill to this effect at Westminster. Let's face it, sex is a sordid, unhygienic business and I'm against it  or at least when other people do it while I can't.