Waking up from a dream with my heart racing

petitepedal

This has happened a few times now...usually in the dream I am chasing someone (last night..someone who took my credit card)...

A friend said it was anxiety....??

It doesn't happen very often...  Anyone else have something like that happen?

​It is usually anxiety which causes this and is very common. Some elements of the nightmare are extracted from real life events but the anxiety usually takes the form of being chased or being without clothes in a public place. If you are experiencing stress then this may be caused by being in a difficult situation and at the same time lacking the ability to extract yourself from this.

The last few weeks I've been experiencing Hypnic jerks just as I'm starting to fall asleep. You know, when your whole body twitches and you feel like you're falling. Sometimes my body twitches so hard it's painful. Is that a sign that I'm getting older when I hurt myself in my sleep? :whistle:

The last few weeks I've been experiencing Hypnic jerks just as I'm starting to fall asleep. You know, when your whole body twitches and you feel like you're falling. Sometimes my body twitches so hard it's painful. Is that a sign that I'm getting older when I hurt myself in my sleep? :whistle:

​An early warning sign of something awful. Call for Hospice.

​I wouldn't sweat it about this.

When undergoing parachute training in the Army these were so severe they would throw me out of bed.