A day in the life

Longjohn

I needed some new flowers to upgrade the ones I wintered over.  My wife suggested we move the plants we were wintering over out of the spa room and put them downstairs under grow lights.  She wanted to close off the spa room to make the house warmer.  The house got warmer the plants didn't do well under the grow lights.  I went to the Amish greenhouse just up the road from me.  I got new plants and picked up some fresh Amish donuts at the same time.  Today I took my kayak out for a bit on the lake.  The carp were spawning and I made a video of it.  The coots still crack me up when they decide to fly away when I get too close.  They flap their wings with the wing tips hitting the water as they run on top of the water for maybe fifty yards until they finally get airborne.  I stopped on "Goose Island" to see if my sunglasses were still there where I left them last year.  I couldn't get near the tree I set them down, the geese were being very territorial. I made a short video of the geese cussing me out.  On the way home I stopped at my neighbor's and got a quart of fresh made maple syrup.

• Heart 2

Once our long cold winter was over there is no place I'd rather live.  We we could use a beach and an ocean but you can't have everything.

The dove that has been nesting in one of my hanging planters on the back deck let me take a picture of her baby.  She really trusts me, I could almost touch her.

11188392_449019508607492_4965094521648479631_n.jpg

17452694982_5718371a67_b[1].jpg

• Heart 1

The dove that has been nesting in one of my hanging planters on the back deck let me take a picture of her baby.  She really trusts me, I could almost touch her.

There's a robin's nest in the cedar, right in front of the living room window. Even though it's a foot outside the window, and we know it's there, it's almost impossible to see. They did a good job of hiding it. We sort of got to watch the kids hatch yesterday (couldn't see in the nest well, just watched mom tapping gently on the eggs and then little beak tips stick up),

She's not too keen on it when I BBQ on the deck 5' or so away. I get scolded when I'm out there.