The Circus is in town Today

Page Turner

Who will win, Page? 

...one of my friends from the Bike Kitchen is working as a roving course marshal,  so in all likelihood I will finish well up in the standings after joining the race in the last few miles.:mellow:

The old goat is probably downtown now watching the ladies race...

​...no, the best chance to hit on the cute racer biker chicks is after the race, when they are emotionally drained and some of them want to forget. :)

No offense,  but could the last 4 pictures be any more boring? ?

​...I wanted you to get the feeling of being there.  :) It's a lot of waiting, followed by about 30 seconds of high energy action, and then the peloton is gone and all the support cars and road clearance police cars follow on by.  It's way more easily followed on TV, with aerial shots from helicopters and chase cars with cameras, but on TV you don't really get that 30 seconds.:(

• Heart 1

​...I wanted you to get the feeling of being there.  :) 

May I remind you that my Greenville was the host for the US Cycling Championships for 4 years.  It was hard running to the top of Paris Mountain in my jack russell costume.  

The year Levi intentionally kicked me in the groin was no picnic either.    :(

• Heart 2

The story of the day, though, may have been the abandonment by Andrew Talansky (Cannondale-Garmin). A team spokesman said he was looking to build form ahead of the Tour de France, but had developed an upper respiratory bug exacerbated by allergies.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/05/news/mark-cavendish-waltzes-to-win-in-stage-1-of-the-amgen-tour_369579#rT0EAk4PqsVhg3zV.99

...I feel badly for anyone trying to race with allergies.  This is one of the single worst places I've ever been for dust and pollen this time of the year.:( 

• Heart 1

...I feel badly for anyone trying to race with allergies.  This is one of the single worst places I've ever been for dust and pollen this time of the year.:( 

​Yep. Lifetime allergy induced asthmatic here.  Lungs always felt good racing but they sure shut down an hour or two later.  Doctors recommendation : Move to Arizona.

Edited by Wilbur

That is unbelievably gorgeous.  How much would a similar bike set me back?  

​...I'm into that one for 800 bucks and about 20 hours of work. Add the cost of decals, tyres, tubes, brake shoes and cables....so maybe a grand if you don't pay yourself very well.:)

It really is gorgeous.  What year?  

​...as many old bikes as I have restorated, I'm not that good on exact year dating.  The components have a date code, but sometimes that's off by a year or two.

Probably late 60's/early 70's.  Falcon sorta dumped poor ol' Ernie Clements when they signed a deal with the Cannibal, and started painting everything orange in '73, so before that, anyway.