Should the NFL castrate Tom Brady?

I don't think that's necessary.  A simpler sterilization process would serve the public just as well.  Perhaps if you are really vindictive the removal of a finger on his passing hand would be appropriate.  The ball boys however are a different story.  I'm thinking killed and eaten.

Does anybody really care?

​Which, as it happened thirteen days ago, I did not know about.

Thanks for the updated knowledge, and your subtlety.

Take my subtlety with a grain of salt. You know I love you, and would talk to my own brothers like that. It's a Bostonian trait. It's said with love, not malevolence. 

Edited by Bosoxyacht

The more I think about this underinflated-ball thing, the more I think other teams are doing similar things, but Tom Brady is the scapegoat here.  This saddens me, because I think BB should be the scapegoat, as I am sure he was the one that ordered the code red.

I think the main advantage would not be in throwing the ball, but the ball being ever so slightly more catchable in the passing game and retainable in the running game and such.  It is probably like EPO in cycling, everybody works the system, except the Browns, apparently.

I say the Patriots will lose a 3rd round pick, but it ought to be a first.  In addition, Brady gets an unwarranted suspension of 2 games, instead of BB.

Edited by Randomguy™

Colour me ignorant on the NFL as I am not much of a fan but... Would a slightly deflated ball not benefit both teams?

​You would think so, but each offense uses their own balls, defying logic outright.  Not sure who originally thought that that was a good idea, but it was probably the Patriots that suggested it first.  :whistle:

​You would think so, but each offense uses their own balls, defying logic outright.  Not sure who originally thought that that was a good idea, but it was probably the Patriots that suggested it first.  :whistle:

​Wow.  That does defy logic and seems to be an obvious place to start taking an underhanded advantage.

​Because all non-Patriots fans resent Brady for his supermodel wife, his millions of dollars and his four Super Bowl rings.

​Nah, I don't think that is true at all, I like that kind of success.  I just can't stand the coach, and I think most of America thinks the team is corrupt.  Brady just has to go out and play and call the shots on the field.

​Look it is either Brady or Barrabus according to Pontius Pilot.

The whole deflate-gate issue really cracks me up. If it happened to any other team, it would be a minor news story. 

Gaylord Perry made a career out of throwing a spitball, and baseball historians talk about his cheating like a romance novel. 

The whole deflate-gate issue really cracks me up. If it happened to any other team, it would be a minor news story. 

Gaylord Perry made a career out of throwing a spitball, and baseball historians talk about his cheating like a romance novel. 

​That is completely different.  Spitballers always cheat, but they are endearing because baseball appreciates resourceful thinkers.  Steroids are a different animal entirely.

It is only a big story because the Patriots are always cheating, and they were catchable.  Now a proper example can be made.  I think most of the Patriots are on steroids, btw.

Tom Brady is to football as Pete Rose is to baseball or Lance Armstrong is to cycling.

Pete Rose and Tom Brady didn't ruin the lives of anyone that accused them of cheating. 

Lance is a special kind of douchebag. He used his lie to ruin the careers of people that told the truth. 

He is the greatest of his time, but he cheated just like the rest of the top pros of his era. I don't have a problem with his doping(they all did it), I have a problem with how he went after those that spoke the truth. 

• Heart 1

Give Brady a chance, he will crush a peasant if he has too.  

Ever heard of Antoine Socavich?  Try to find something about him.  You won't be able to.  Rose had that guy buried alive after he leaked to MLB about the cheating.

Okay, I made that part up.

• Heart 2

Give Brady a chance, he will crush a peasant if he has too.  

Ever heard of Antoine Socavich?  Try to find something about him.  You won't be able to.  Rose had that guy buried alive after he leaked to MLB about the cheating.

Okay, I made that part up.

I think Brady/the Patriots are smart enough to pay the guilty employees enough to keep their mouths shut.   

The NFL's case would never hold up in a U.S. Court, but NFL rules and actual laws aren't the same thing. 

This just in...

Tom Brady is suspended for 4 games  

That is my guess. 

I suspected a fine, and at the most, 1 game. 

We'll see how it plays out. 

​and as much because he lied about it. Then again, I am not sure how many would have told the truth a week or 10 days before the Super Bowl.  Then Goodell would have been forced to do something about it for the Super Bowl, which NOBODY would have wanted

except for some Seahawks fans

Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction of justice in a murder trial, and wasn't suspended for even 1 game.

​Not to quibble, but it's probably not an equivalent thing to compare a football rules case with a criminal case.  The NFL will have a different opinion about a rules violation than about an add on penalty to the outcome of a criminal case.

• Heart 1

​There's nothing in the report about Tom's testimony.

Please quote the lie he told in his testimony to the NFL..

​To be honest, it was a combination of Brady's comments back in January (that I did see on TV), and the commentary I heard on ESPN the past 2 days.  I have  not read the Wells report.

Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction of justice in a murder trial, and wasn't suspended for even 1 game.

​All teams cheat and all teams have thugs.  The system that starts praising these young kids at age 12 and makes them teflon in college (Jameis Winston / Johnny Manziel) has the potential to make them think they can do and say anything with impunity.  It was things like the Ray Lewis debacle that started this.  

With great power comes great responsibility. Some of the guys cannot handle it.  

Secondly, the rewards for winning at all cost vs the penalties for getting caught have not made it painful enough to cheat.  If the NFL sticks by it's guns here, maybe that will begin to change.