I'm afraid to ask this question

AirwickWithCheese

Poor widowed Nagaina was just trying to get home with her one remaining egg, when Riki invaded her home and killed her.   Children's stories are so upsetting.

You COULD have given me a spoiler alert Miss Kirby! Right now Nag and his whore wife are plotting outside the bathroom vent and Nag said he's going to kill the man and woman then the boy so the mongoose will leave.  

What if Quinton decides to kill me?  Philly Cheese is no Rikki Tikki Tavi. 

• Heart 1

Plus the British should have kept India then maybe flies wouldn't be everywhere.  

...Gandhi  made the independence of India inevitable.  Interestingly enough, he was implacably opposed to the partition, which was how it was handled.

If you get some time to read, it's one of the more dramatic and, to some extent today, forgotten episodes in world history.  Quite fascinating, really.

......one of the better books of history on the subject. You can't understand modern Pakistan without it.

England should have made Gandhi "disappear" into the night. 

Stronger England good for the world. I think England could have turned India into "a civilized Africa" and made a mint promoting Indian Safaris to the civilized world. 

@Page Turner

Edited by AirwickWithCheese
Page Turner is a Californian hippie
  • Heart 1

Page Turner is a Californian hippie

​...yes. And one who believes strongly that Gandhi was right.  The partition was a mistake, Indian independence was not. As far as a stronger England being good for the world, I hope that your next car has a Lucas electrical system.

• Heart 1

• 10 months later...