Colonge

goldendesign

My wife remarked to me today that I have a strange way with the cologne.

I can smell my cologne for only the first hour. I have four bottles, all nice scents, that each have a different color liquid, bottle color, or some way to differentiate just by color.

I wear them by matching the colors of the bottle. For example: I have CK Summer. CK-One-Summer-2008_100ml_EdT.jpg

Which I am wearing with my sky blue polo.

I wash my clothes after several wears and could never remember/smell the old cologne, if in fact it still show up after a few days, so to prevent cross contamination I color coordinate the smells.

My wife finds that very odd. I find it logical.

What say you?

I think old people lose their sense of smell, or have no idea how much is too much when applying cologne or perfume…

There was a lady today that I could smell from the 5th floor of the parking garage this morning as she was crossing the street into the school. 

• Heart 1

I think old people lose their sense of smell, or have no idea how much is too much when applying cologne or perfume…

There was a lady today that I could smell from the 5th floor of the parking garage this morning as she was crossing the street into the school. 

That aint just old people.  There's several 30 something's in my office that about suffocate me on the freaking elevators.  Men and women.  Sheesh people...if you shower properly you don't have to bathe in cologne or perfume.

That aint just old people.  There's several 30 something's in my office that about suffocate me on the freaking elevators.  Men and women.  Sheesh people...if you shower properly you don't have to bathe in cologne or perfume.

Have you tried to check their flamability yet? Try walking towards them with a zippo lit and see if they run or stay put. 

• Heart 1

99% of people who wear cologne/perfume have NO IDEA how much they really put on. They don't realize how incredibly annoying they are to almost everyone out there (especially in the work place). Most of you who think you "only use a little" make me gag when you are in the same room most of the time. 

STOP IT!

^^^THIS

There was this lady at my old workplace who when she went to the lab we worked in, we could smell the remains of her perfume 4-5 hours after she'd gone.

99% of people who wear cologne/perfume have NO IDEA how much they really put on. They don't realize how incredibly annoying they are to almost everyone out there (especially in the work place). Most of you who think you "only use a little" make me gag when you are in the same room most of the time. 

STOP IT!

I'm confused… Don't realize or just don't care? You lost me there.

And I'll let it be known even though I do not wear that stuff, I truly know how annoying I am to others!  :DeadHorse:

I'm confused… Don't realize or just don't care? You lost me there.

And I'll let it be known even though I do not wear that stuff, I truly know how annoying I am to others!  :DeadHorse:

Don't realize.

As you stated in the other post I quoted...I think many have lost that sense of smell a little and don't realize how heavy they are actually wearing it.

goldendesign said three squirts.  Three squirts is pretty strong, but he thinks he it isn't much. That is enough to gag many people...especially those with sensitive noses, like me.

I usually wear Opium in the winter...and a lighter scent in the summer...and yes a little dab will do ya.  I put it on once..in the AM...Once every 600 years if I have the occasion for a date or evening event, I may put a dab on then.  Weekends..are mostly scent free.

Right now at work there is more of a body odor issue from a couple of guys who do not shower or wash their clothes with any kind of regularity...but in the past, I can recall two women who were bathing in their perfume....If they cam into my office, I would leave with them and give the office time to air out....now...I have to do that when the guys leave.