I ran from the law today

JerrySTL

Driving to work on a 4-lane highway and see a cop car coming the other way. I look down and see that I'm 15 MPH over the limit. Look in the rear view mirror and notice that there's about 4 cars right behind me AND the brake lights on the cop car. Knowing that it's going to take a little while for the cop to turn around, I make a quick left turn and I'm quickly behind a large fence. Seconds later I see the cop car giving chase with all lights on.

1. Was it a smart thing to do?

2. Will the other drivers give me up?

3. Should I switch my avatar or its it too late?

Cruise control and buying cars with the smallest available engine are about the only thing that keeps me from getting speeding tickets on the open highway. I have a lead foot. Fortunately my last traffic ticket was in the early '80s for speeding.

Driving to work on a 4-lane highway and see a cop car coming the other way. I look down and see that I'm 15 MPH over the limit. Look in the rear view mirror and notice that there's about 4 cars right behind me AND the brake lights on the cop car. Knowing that it's going to take a little while for the cop to turn around, I make a quick left turn and I'm quickly behind a large fence. Seconds later I see the cop car giving chase with all lights on.

1. Was it a smart thing to do?

2. Will the other drivers give me up?

3. Should I switch my avatar or its it too late?

Cruise control and buying cars with the smallest available engine are about the only thing that keeps me from getting speeding tickets on the open highway. I have a lead foot. Fortunately my last traffic ticket was in the early '80s for speeding.

What KT and Nate said.  You did good.

It is time for an avatar change, yes.

I dodged the police a few times in my teens while speeding. One time, 45 minutes after I lost them, I came across three police cars that had an older guy pulled over. They had their guns drawn, he had his hands on his head, laying over the hood of his car. I think his only crime was he had the exact same car, (make, model, color) as I did.  I felt bad for him, but not enough to turn myself in. :whistle: