Anyone hear from Parr8 ?

petitepedal

Wow, I was listening to what happened on NPR on the way to work.

Scary staff.  Glad to hear from the few who have posted.

This isn't something we ever need to worry about in New England, we have a tornado every 10 years of so, it's probably a baby compared to what you folks get.  It's like a whole different would west of here.

I hope all are safe and the recovery goes well.

Wow, I was listening to what happened on NPR on the way to work.

Scary staff.  Glad to hear from the few who have posted.

This isn't something we ever need to worry about in New England, we have a tornado every 10 years of so, it's probably a baby compared to what you folks get.  It's like a whole different would west of here.

I hope all are safe and the recovery goes well.

Which is why I get so annoyed about tornado sirens going off in area that isn't in line with the threat.  People become desensitized to them and start to ignore them, that is when you get losses of life.  To me, in this day and age, it is completely inexcusable to have them going off in areas that are not a threat to be impacted.

Which is why I get so annoyed about tornado sirens going off in area that isn't in line with the threat.  People become desensitized to them and start to ignore them, that is when you get losses of life.  To me, in this day and age, it is completely inexcusable to have them going off in areas that are not a threat to be impacted.

In the late 90's (before we moved to AZ) there was a policy that the tornado sirens would sound if there was a severe thunderstorm warning during a tornado watch. Do they still do that?

It was unconfirmed as of yesterday evening, but I am pretty sure a tornado touched down about 5 miles or so wsw of where Mom lives in western Indiana.  She said it totally demolished a church and a house nearby.

In the late 90's (before we moved to AZ) there was a policy that the tornado sirens would sound if there was a severe thunderstorm warning during a tornado watch. Do they still do that?

It was unconfirmed as of yesterday evening, but I am pretty sure a tornado touched down about 5 miles or so wsw of where Mom lives in western Indiana.  She said it totally demolished a church and a house nearby.

No, just Tornado warning.  Indianapolis I think have their sirens regionalized, but my town isn't and sets theirs off for the entire county, which is absurd.