F*** the NFL Refs

Former member

No matter your angle, the safety breaks on the ball and intercepts it 10 ft in front of the TE, who clearly has momentum taking him to a land far, far away from the ball.  Brady would have had to not bunny-skip when throwing the ball, plant, then throw the ball ten feet further and on an arc at least 5 feet higher for Gronkowski to ever have a prayer of getting it.  Also, the TE would have to be rotating towards his back somehow, that ball just wasn't accurate or thrown hard enough to be in the same zip code.  It was the correct call to pick up the flag, no question.

No matter your angle, the safety breaks on the ball and intercepts it 10 ft in front of the TE, who clearly has momentum taking him to a land far, far away from the ball.  Brady would have had to not bunny-skip when throwing the ball, plant, then throw the ball ten feet further and on an arc at least 5 feet higher for Gronkowski to ever have a prayer of getting it.  Also, the TE would have to be rotating towards his back somehow, that ball just wasn't accurate or thrown hard enough to be in the same zip code.  It was the correct call to pick up the flag, no question.

Whatever, we moved on.

How do you feel about backyard skating?

Cycling in the sun during the winter?

Fresh citrus?

Pantyhose?

Holding is still holding, even if Brady got sacked on the play. What Brady did on the play has nothing to do with it.

It should have been a 5 yard penalty, and an extra play.

Instead we have grapefruit and orange trees.

I'd rather have free fresh citrus, than a tiny skating rink.

And I'd rather have cold weather and my own place.  If my choice was Antarctica or move in with my parents, hello Antarctica.

Plus, I prefer apples and we have plenty of those.

Holding is still holding, even if Brady got sacked on the play. What Brady did on the play has nothing to do with it.

It has everything to do with it, if he wouldn't have thrown a limp wristed pass, the flag wouldn't have been picked up.

But the flag wasn't for holding, and it was easily seen to be an uncatchable ball.  Panthers won because Brady decided, under intense pressure from a superior defense, to throw like a girl at the crucial moment.

And I'd rather have cold weather and my own place.  If my choice was Antarctica or move in with my parents, hello Antarctica.

I found myself in the unenviable position of living with my parents as an "older" gentleman.  Life throws lots of curves at people.  Never say never.  We do what we need to do to get through each day.

My dad, in his 60's, moved in with his dad, in his 90's.  It wasn't to take care of his dad, but instead he needed a place to live.

But the flag wasn't for holding, and it was easily seen to be an uncatchable ball.  Panthers won because Brady decided, under intense pressure from a superior defense, to throw like a girl at the crucial moment.

They also had a fumble in the redzone, and couldn't stop the Panthers on 3rd down.  They were lucky to even have a shot at the end.

I found myself in the unenviable position of living with my parents as an "older" gentleman.  Life throws lots of curves at people.  Never say never.  We do what we need to do to get through each day.

My dad, in his 60's, moved in with his dad, in his 90's.  It wasn't to take care of his dad, but instead he needed a place to live.

No, not saying never, but as long as I have other options, I would take them.  I get along great with my parents and they are good people, but 18 years of living with them was enough.

No, not saying never, but as long as I have other options, I would take them.  I get along great with my parents and they are good people, but 18 years of living with them was enough.

I'd have my parent's move in with me, or if I were single I'd move in with them.  We aren't a close family, and life is so friggin short.  My grandmother asked to move in with my mother (and me and my brother and sister and dad and cat and gerbil...) and my mom said no.  I know she regrets it.

Again, you show that you know nothing about football.

FOR IT TO BE PASS INTERFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSIDERED A CATCHABLE BALL!!!

By catchable ball, that means realistically catchable, not some super human feat to get to it and catch it, but realistically catchable.  So how long did you play football for?  Coached what levels?  Surely you have done something with all the knowledge you have with regard to football.

I'd have my parent's move in with me, or if I were single I'd move in with them.  We aren't a close family, and life is so friggin short.  My grandmother asked to move in with my mother (and me and my brother and sister and dad and cat and gerbil...) and my mom said no.  I know she regrets it.

I can never say no to family, of course I have trouble saying no to perfect strangers. 

Of course if it was my mother-in-law, I would pay for her to be in an apartment a block or so away.  Wife would be good with that too as her mother is a real piece of work.

And now you start with your old insults.

We disagree on something about sports, so you start making insulting comments about my personal life(which you know very little about).

Always classy.

By catchable ball, that means realistically catchable, not some super human feat to get to it and catch it, but realistically catchable.  So how long did you play football for?  Coached what levels?  Surely you have done something with all the knowledge you have with regard to football.

The penalty is holding.

5 yards, automatic first down. 

And now you start with your old insults.

We disagree on something about sports, so you start making insulting comments about my personal life(which you know very little about).

Always classy.

Just stating the facts, if you find that insulting, sounds like a personal problem.

The penalty is holding.

5 yards, automatic first down. 

That's not what they threw the flag for though.  It was thrown for pass interference, the officials got together and correctly determined it wasn't catchable and the flag was picked up as it should've been, that's the rule.

Well, to be fair, you don't really have to coach or even be a student of the game.  You just have to know the rules and have awareness that this is just not a catchable ball, so it cannot be interference, as per the rules.

It was a nice bear-hug, though, I think the linebacker just felt like the TE just needed some affection.

Well, to be fair, you don't really have to coach or even be a student of the game.  You just have to know the rules and have awareness that this is just not a catchable ball, so it cannot be interference, as per the rules.

It was a nice bear-hug, though, I think the linebacker just felt like the TE just needed some affection.

He was probably afraid Gronk was going to hurt himself trying to go for the ball and did want that happening again.  Gronk is a very fragile guy after all.

And BoSox should look on the bright side, how often do people complain about officials calling something at the end of the game and then people complain that officials should swallow the whistle at the end and let the players decide it.

And just for clarification, since BS obviously knows so much about football, figured he would want to know you can't call defensive holding when the balls in the air. At that point only pass interference is in play and that means it has to be a catch able ball, which wasn't the case

That's not what they threw the flag for though. It was thrown for pass interference, the officials got together and correctly determined it wasn't catchable and the flag was picked up as it should've been, that's the rule.

the problem with the explanation is that the ball was not catchable because Gronkowski was being held and pushed out of the area where the ball ended up.

I know this is hard for your tiny mind to comprehend, but I'm certainly not surprised.

the problem with the explanation is that the ball was not catchable because Gronkowski was being held and pushed out of the area where the ball ended up.

I know this is hard for your tiny mind to comprehend, but I'm certainly not surprised.

Tiny mind, funny. What is it you do for a living again?

And the ball wasn't catch able because it was badly under thrown. You're the one that brought up holding, but with your obvious wealth of football knowledge, you didn't know that call doesn't apply since the ball was in the air.

Sunday night the refs were pretty even with missed calls

I'm still pissed at the time keeper in Carolina. The NFL has even admired to timekeeping errors. There were at least 3 times where the timekeeper allowed the clock to run for 2 seconds or more, after the play was whistled dead.

On Carolina's final touchdown, the clock ran for 4 seconds after the play was over.

Last night RGIII was face-masked and kicked in his testicles on the same play, and nothing was called.

And the ball wasn't catch able because it was badly under thrown. You're the one that brought up holding, but with your obvious wealth of football knowledge, you didn't know that call doesn't apply since the ball was in the air.

The ball wasn't catchable because Gronkowski was wrapped up and pushed out of the area were the ball ended up being caught.

Is anyone still mad about this, now that the cheating patriots got away with committing uncalled fouls rather than complaining that non-fouls should be called fouls to suit them?

It's strang how I haven't heard any analysts mentioning uncalled fouls in the Broncos/Pats game.

Maybe it's because the blown calls were consistent throughout the game. I saw calls that should have been made, but both teams benefited equally.

The ball wasn't catchable because Gronkowski was wrapped up and pushed out of the area were the ball ended up being caught.

Brady threw a limp wristed pass so it was way short and not catchable, get over it.

Your hate for me and the Patriots, is clouding your memory.

The flag was thrown because there was illegal contact made on the play.

I'm over it, and couldn't possibly care less about your opinion, or you.

Like arguing with a Junior high schooler, though you do have a lot in common with one.  Illegal contact isn't a call that can be made when the ball is in the air.  Most Junior High Schoolers could understand that though.

So much hate for a game (that actually does say GAME) that was over a week ago.

There's no hate coming from me.

Like arguing with a Junior high schooler, though you do have a lot in common with one.  Illegal contact isn't a call that can be made when the ball is in the air.  Most Junior High Schoolers could understand that though.

Simpletons argue that the ball was uncatchable, but I can clearly see that the bal was catchable if Gronkowski hadn't been held and pushed from the area where the interception was made.