Pirate books

Randomguy

So I just finished the second season of 'Black Sails', and it was really good, and I am thinking to myself "I might like to read a pirate book".  I guess if I typed it here, I am not just thinking it to myself anymore, but that is just a technicality.

Have you read a good pirate book (or something similar) that you can recommend?

I liked the Horatio Hornblower books.  Not necessarily pirate books, but they do deal with sailing ships back in that time.

​Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey series would be a treat for you then.

Wonderful writing and written by a Naval historian.

• Heart 1

​You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, even if you are Irish....

​I.....I....you should be ashamed.

Here I am, brimming over with bonhomie and trembling all over with the urge to help and you say things like this.

I have so much to give and all of it is really good stuff.... heaven knows you untutored colonials over there are in desperate need of it and yet this is the thanks I get. :wacko:

Here I am, brimming over with bonhomie and trembling all over with the urge to help and you say things like this.

I have so much to give and all of it is really good stuff.... heaven knows you untutored colonials over there are in desperate need of it and yet this is the thanks I get. :wacko:

​....Elly May sez, "Do you wanna rassel ?"spit-2110.gif

-d1fd43d4e0119b5e.jpg

​Not everyone has the great fortune to be born an irishman.

I have gone and gotten the Kindle versions of 'The Red Rover' and 'Treasure Island', because they were recommended, and free.  

Btw, I have read the Micheal Crichton pirate book a while back, and remember that it was very good, very much in the style of his other books if you like his writing.

​If you are trembling, you may want to cut back on the bonhomie.  Are all the Irish this sensitive?

It's been a shock to my system and now I'm laying down for a bit.

To be accused of being Irish when you've just been instrumental in securing a huge victory for the Scottish National Party.....it's too much and I'm an old person.

You boys should be more careful with your simple-minded but good-natured joshing......we sophisticated individuals are indeed sensitive and I could be easily damaged by such behaviour. Not that I'm a big girl's blouse you understand but I know you'd feel terrible if something bad happened and you'd never forgive yourself.

It's been a shock to my system and now I'm laying down for a bit.

To be accused of being Irish when you've just been instrumental in securing a huge victory for the Scottish National Party.....it's too much and I'm an old person.

You boys should be more careful with your simple-minded but good-natured joshing......we sophisticated individuals are indeed sensitive and I could be easily damaged by such behaviour. Not that I'm a big girl's blouse you understand but I know you'd feel terrible if something bad happened and you'd never forgive yourself.

​Are you sure you are not Welsh?  You sound more Welsh than Irish to me.

​Are you sure you are not Welsh?  You sound more Welsh than Irish to me.

​Irish, Welsh, Scottish…….  All the same to us.  And BTW the untutored colonials all live to our north.  We are no longer under the thumb of the Queen like your cousins in Kanadastan.