So Why Do You Idiots Insist On Believing in Aliens?

Nate

you have no proof

no one has ever seen one

and yet you think that to be an "intelligent" person you have to believe in aliens

???

Do you even know what is required for life to exist somewhere?

I cannot see alien life, but clearly, I'm here, and there's also 7 billion other men/women out there too, and tons of all sorts of life just here on this planet. If we're here, then chances are, there's more planets like ours out there. The universe is a big place. As you've said, it's not so much a matter of believing, but rather, the sucky reality of the fact that most of us will never have the chance to meet it. Doesn't mean our ancestors won't however.

If we are here, then life exists.  Life likes to find a vaccuum and get in it, fill it with all kinds of lifeness.  It always does this.  It seems unlikely to me that life wouldn't find a way on other worlds as surely as it does on ours.  Why would our little orb be special in the the entire cosmos?

well Nate, why do you believe in God....you have never seen him, there is no proof he exsists.

perhaps he is much like an alien...if there are aliens

this is a good question

and this is my best attempt at answering it, so...

everything we see is in a physical reality. What I mean by that is that the objects we see can all be described as being is a specific place at a specific time. This is how we can calculate physics problems.

but love is a very real thing, isn't it?

love can't be quantified in space and time. It doesn't make any sense to talk about 100 pounds of love. That's just the way it is, but love is still real. We do actually experience it.

so there do exist things that cannot be seen

• Heart 1

this is a good question

and this is my best attempt at answering it, so...

everything we see is in a physical reality. What I mean by that is that the objects we see can all be described as being is a specific place at a specific time. This is how we can calculate physics problems.

but love is a very real thing, isn't it?

Love is chemical soup, such as is confidence, feeling of security or whatever.  If something doesn't have a physical dimension, what does that mean?  I also can't piss on gravity, but I believe it exists.