I think this will be my last hill climb

BR46

That's a long time to be doing that kind of racing.  I was often referred to as the "Old Man" back when I raced and I quit when I got married at age 26.  I did enjoy hill climbs.  I used to climb the same hill the Pros used with their nitro burning modified Harleys and Indians. I haven't even watched a hill climb since the sport bikes became so sophisticated, I'll bet the Harleys are not even in the picture anymore.  

• Heart 1

I'll bet the Harleys are not even in the picture anymore.  

The Harleys do pretty good at this hill. The Harley Davidson head quarters is 30 miles down the road.

If the hill is dry the Hondas and the Kawasaki 500s will be the fastest. If there's some moisture in the hill the Harleys will be making more than just noise.    

1916224_459980669866_5432862_n.jpg

Good luck on the race. I know where you're coming from on giving up something you have loved. Snowmobiling has been my life since I was young. But once our kids grew up and moved away, I slowly lost interest. And my wife seemed to just be going through the motions for me. The last few years we haven't taken any snowmobile trips, and last year our frontline sleds never even left the trailer. Interestingly, now that we're starting to get out of the sport, and fixing to sell off all our stuff, NOW the kids are bugging us to set up a snowmobile trip and all meetup to go riding next winter.:rolleyes:

I still love the competition but it lost the family fun and the wife was just going through the motion. The days are long and I'm 2 to 300 dollars poorer at end of the day. 

A few years ago my son was home so we put his race numbers on one of my motorcycles and I dusted off the old CR 500 we went and had fun. 

In this race he finished 5th I got 6th. He could have done better but he said he wanted to run with me. 

164818_126453944087179_1866278_n.jpg

163738_126456370753603_2310644_n.jpg

• Heart 4

There's one image I still have in my head that I wish I had a picture of was when we were ice racing.  His bike was faster in the straights than mine. He passed me going into the turn, sliding sideways looking back at me waving for me to hurry up.  I was going as fast as I could because  I had the wrong setup for the track.

Now I want to go race. 

There's one image I still have in my head that I wish I had a picture of was when we were ice racing.  His bike was faster in the straights than mine. He passed me going into the turn, sliding sideways looking back at me waving for me to hurry up.  I was going as fast as I could because  I had the wrong setup for the track.

Now I want to go race. 

​Gets in your blood, eh? :D

Ok I'm going to rethink the racing thing. In some ways I want to quit and then there was today. The sun was shining, good turn out of spectators,  the neighbors with there 3 year old son and friends that never witness hill climbing and mom wants to come next year. She was not able to make it do to hip surgery 3 week ago. 

If I keep doing this the 500 going to need some work. I have to shave about 2 second off my time. As for the 250 it was all good but the chain came off on the 2nd run resulting a small and minor crash. 

My son called today to wish me a happy father's day and to see how I did in the hill climb. So I tell him the problem with the bike and now he wants me to send the suspension so he can have his guy rebuild it so I can go faster. 

Every one had a good time today.

What to do what to do? 

• Heart 1