I just want to impress upon them...

tybeegb

what a lifetime of smoking will do to them, but I don't.  For those who don't know yet, I am a staunch advocate of NOT smoking.  Even E-cigs.  I tend to go to bars that do not allow smoking.  I avoid one bar in particular where the smoke is so bad you can barely see from one end of the bar to the other.  But that's not what I'm obsessed with. 

Prime example, tonight.  Huc-A-Poo's.  Great dive bar.  After 7:00PM, smoking is allowed inside, which is well ventilated since the major part of the bar area is screened in.  I go down there after my Father's Day outing to make sure I paid my tab last night.  :whistle:  Ended up staying longer than I had planned.  Go figure. 

Target rich environment, for both male and female.  However.  I would estimate that 90% of both sexes, in their 20's, smoke like it was going out of style.  Very nice looking young people, appearing to be in good shape, but constantly pulling out one cig after another.  It's none of my business what they do, but it bugs the crap out of me.  I used to preach to them, but now I just shake my head.  They are invincible.  Nothing can harm them.  I need to take them to the nursing home and let them ask around to see how many of the residents still want to smoke, or would give anything to turn back time and not start to being with. 

Again, it just pisses me off that I can't do anything about it.  :angry:        

• Heart 1

Oregon outlawed smoking inside at all establishments several years ago. Big hue & cry at the start. Nothing since. It's very nice

Now there are a few folks outside smoking. But at least inside it is clear. For the servers , beer tenders and everyone else. Really has not made a single bit of difference to business. Except make it pleasant

Oregon outlawed smoking inside at all establishments several years ago. Big hue & cry at the start. Nothing since. It's very nice

Now there are a few folks outside smoking. But at least inside it is clear. For the servers , beer tenders and everyone else. Really has not made a single bit of difference to business. Except make it pleasant

​Happened here too not too many years ago.  Makes a big difference to me.

I still hear online comments that piss and moan about people's favorite establishments, but my thought is "Was it your favorite establishment just because you could smoke there?  That sounds pretty weak to me."  There are places I wouldn't go because of the smoke that I will now.

Minnesota too...nice to go out somewhere and not be covered in smoke.

Last week I saw pale young woman on a bike with a cigarette ..she went riding down the side walk..Unfortunately I was about 5 minutes late in thinking..AZZ if you are old enough to smoke..you better ride that bike on the road...riding on the sidewalk is against the law...:(  she was 1/2 a block away before I came up with that comment...