I killed the site

Square Wheels

I apologize, but we lost posts made after 9am today.  I installed what looked like a harmless add on the messed up most themes, and they could not be restored.

All of Junes payments will be refunded.

​Aren't you in IT?  You have to realize that there is a reason most companies will wait to update or upgrade until they absolutely have to.  I would wait in the future if I were you.

Can you recap what was said in all the lost posts?

I apologize, but we lost posts made after 9am today.  I installed what looked like a harmless add on the messed up most themes, and they could not be restored.

All of Junes payments will be refunded.

​I demand DOUBLE my June payment for the inconvenience!!!!

A seemingly harmless update is one of those phrases like an unloaded gun that should be looked at with suspicion. 

​It wasn't an update, it was a modification I added.

​Aren't you in IT?  You have to realize that there is a reason most companies will wait to update or upgrade until they absolutely have to.  I would wait in the future if I were you.

Can you recap what was said in all the lost posts?

​Again, this was not a software upgrade, it was a simple add on, no different than adding a theme.  

As for a recap, I made a lot of funny posts, jsharr was in a slump so I had to step up again.  KT gnawed on someone's wood, WIlbur posted another parody and Kzoo gave it a crap rating.  Nate came back and pissed everyone off then left again.  AWWC talked a lot about his pet snake.  madmaxx talked about his time in jail for breaching the white house walls with his copter.   BoSox said lots of nice things about everyone.  DH got another bike as a reward for ripping it up over the weekend.  Long John went streaking on by.  I think there was more, but it's all lost now.

• Heart 3

I could suggest some backup software that does good snapshots prior to modifications... ;)

Then again...you know that girl we all knew in high school?  The one who wasn't a bad person, but was the magnet for every bad guy in the universe?

Somedays, that's how I feel as a tech.