What to do when not droning.

maddmaxx

Being the toy guy, I also race RC cars,  This would be the return of maddmaxx, beyond autodrome.  Now that the wedding party is over, the track goes back in.  Once the cars are running regularly much of the remaining grass is reduced to dirt.

DSCN0308.thumb.JPG.19a2ebe3ec4b85d65aa58DSCN0309.thumb.JPG.b450d4bfdc84436b4d215

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

Do you light that pile of sticks for a little fire hazard on the course?

​No.  That's the remains of yard cleanup.  We've had too much wind and to big a fire hazzard to light that this year........except for the days it was raining and wouldn't light.

That's what the snow did to my trees this year.

Edited by maddmaxx

If you don't make a nice smoother corners,  I am not coming over to play.

​I make nice smooth corners.  It's the fast way around this track.  Power on steering can be a bitch with the front wheels almost airborne so you have to late apex all three corners.  

I did get in a gearing test today as I'm developing a new class of cars for this track based on a relatively inexpensive kit from Tamiya.  Todays test was on the modified class version and motor heat is a potential problem.  The stock kit will run all day without too much heat.

Edited by maddmaxx

My coworker and I saw a drone today over the city.  It literally hovered for about 30 seconds or more in the same spot and then accelerated in a linear fashion directly over a street at the same altitude w/o any fluctuations.  Buddy thought it to be a higher priced one because it was so stable.

True?

My coworker and I saw a drone today over the city.  It literally hovered for about 30 seconds or more in the same spot and then accelerated in a linear fashion directly over a street at the same altitude w/o any fluctuations.  Buddy thought it to be a higher priced one because it was so stable.

True?

​Was it cigar shaped with glowing lights down the sides?

Have you ever done any of the drone obstacle courses?   A local R/C shop has a very basic one set up inside the store.

​I have a 250 racer but I don't have the FPV (first person view) system that is used to look forward out of the drone when racing an obstacle course.  I just used that smaller airframe to learn to program the controller board.

Yes dotman my big camera bird has an onboard barometer for altitude hold and a magnetometer for compass heading hold.  Very solid and stable.  

Unless the drone you saw was within the sight of it's pilot, that was by the new regulations an illegal flight.  Well, illegal per the proposed FAA rules.  We can no longer use FPV to operate out of sight.