Is the south really completely full of ignorant redneck racist bastards?

Randomguy

I realize that there is a lot of redundancy built in to that sentence, but it is true?  For the year I lived in Charlotte, I met more racist redneck ignorant fucks than in all my years before or since, combined.  Sure, that was 1999, and it could have changed, but somehow I doubt it.

Discus.

I realize that there is a lot of redundancy built in to that sentence, but it is true?  For the year I lived in Charlotte, I met more racist redneck ignorant fucks than in all my years before or since, combined.  Sure, that was 1999, and it could have changed, but somehow I doubt it.

Discus.

​...discuss has two esses on the end, unless you are an ignorant, redneck, racist bastard.  Then you can spell it any way you like.:)

​...yes.

A few years ago I was driving the Autobahn outside of Munich. Toolin' along at about 90 or so when a whole freaking carload of asians were BACKING UP on the highway cause they missed their exit. The best part was the one arm sticking out the window waving at traffic to go around them. Crazy.

They did have nice cameras, tho.

A few years ago I was driving the Autobahn outside of Munich. Toolin' along at about 90 or so when a whole freaking carload of asians were BACKING UP on the highway cause they missed their exit. The best part was the one arm sticking out the window waving at traffic to go around them. Crazy.

They did have nice cameras, tho.

​...I didn't say it was factually incorrect, just racist.:)

• Heart 1

Nope.  Not possible.  I am in the south, though on the north end of Tybee.  I am not ignorant.  I'm not a racist.  Or a bastard.  I do have a red neck.  So that would eliminate the 'completely full' hypothesis.  I'll stop there.  :angry:

• Heart 2

I met at guy in Laurel Mississippi once.  He scared me with his talk about "th'other colour".  My comment.. "Really, that big a problem?"  His response.. "Yep. That's why we keep track of 'em all day an night".  

I couldn't get out of Laurel fast enough.

I don't have to go as far as Mississippi to find racism alive and well. I continue to hear some extremely derogatory comments about Aboriginal people here as well as hate directed towards other visible minorities. We in Canada need to take ownership of our own problems and attitudes here before pointing a finger at another country's problems.

I don't have to go as far as Mississippi to find racism alive and well. I continue to hear some extremely derogatory comments about Aboriginal people here as well as hate directed towards other visible minorities. We in Canada need to take ownership of our own problems and attitudes here before pointing a finger at another country's problems.

​So...we get our racism directly from Canada?  I knew it!

• Heart 1

​Are people still abusing the Mounties?  This has to stop!

• Heart 2

​Just to be clear, I wasn't pointing fingers.  The op was about the South so I related an encounter I had.  There is no resolve for aboriginal issues in Canada short of handing control and ownership to them.  That is a mess that will plague the nation long after we have been returned to the dirt.

​Just to be clear, I wasn't pointing fingers.  The op was about the South so I related an encounter I had.  There is no resolve for aboriginal issues in Canada short of handing control and ownership to them.  That is a mess that will plague the nation long after we have been returned to the dirt.

​Ah, they lost, end of story.  Being defeated used to mean getting killed by the victors, they are comparatively lucky, historically speaking.

​I understand and I didn't mean my comments as a criticism of you, Wilbur. 

Over the last few days, I've been remembering the racist jokes I heard and retold when I was a kid, but I don't remember hearing too often that such jokes were unacceptable. Today I find those same comments completely repulsive, but I cannot take back my words and I cannot undo the damage from what I have said. 

​I understand and I didn't mean my comments as a criticism of you, Wilbur. 

Over the last few days, I've been remembering the racist jokes I heard and retold when I was a kid, but I don't remember hearing too often that such jokes were unacceptable. Today I find those same comments completely repulsive, but I cannot take back my words and I cannot undo the damage from what I have said. 

​The real world is a go forward place.........at least until someone perfects the time machine.