When I am reincarnated..

Wilbur

I am coming back as Jesse Cook.

Travel around the world learning different guitar and percussion styles and fusing them into my own magic.  

Now RG, Even if you don't dig fusion, Samba, Rumba, Flamenco, you ought to go to one of his concerts.  They are fun.

​I would go see you as the reincarnation of that!  Yay!

This premise is crap.

​Why?  BSY is stating what is known about death, and is a 100% certainty to happen if you die around worms or spontaneously combust, with or without help.  Everything else is just a guess (or a hope), with some guesses being more attractive than others.  It is wrong to assume anything else is known.

• Heart 1

​Why?  BSY is stating what is known about death, and is a 100% certainty to happen if you die around worms or spontaneously combust, with or without help.  Everything else is just a guess (or a hope), with some guesses being more attractive than others.  It is wrong to assume anything else is known.

​..it's not an assumption if the phenomenon has been studied in other cultural contexts (the Tibetan one, for example), and found to be convincing.

​..it's not an assumption if the phenomenon has been studied in other cultural contexts (the Tibetan one, for example), and found to be convincing.

​Well, if you accept that the research is unbiased.  I haven't really heard anything about it that is convincing, although it is an attractive concept.

​Well, if you accept that the research is unbiased.  I haven't really heard anything about it that is convincing, although it is an attractive concept.

​...so you've researched this yourself ?

So it's not a lie if you believe it?

​...what exactly would it take to convince you ?  My guess would be personal experience, and you lack that.  Your position is no less based on personal belief.

It is wrong to assume one knows everything there is to know about something. And simply because they don't but into somehing else dismiss it as crap.

​Ok, he stated that the premise is crap.  Everything else is verifiable.

​...so what's your explanation for all the stuff that was once unverifiable, but now is ?  Was it all a lie ? If I can verify something, but you lack the abilities to do so, which of us is in error ?

​...so what's your explanation for all the stuff that was once unverifiable, but now is ?  Was it all a lie ? If I can verify something, but you lack the abilities to do so, which of us is in error ?

​PT, if you are going to get all philosophical, I will personally train 1000 monkeys to fling poo at you.

• Heart 2

​Ok, he stated that the premise is crap.  Everything else is verifiable.

So he believes something is crap because his system of logic doesn't allow for it. I find that to be pretty elitist and dismissive and while I don't personally subscribe to reincarnation, I truly believe more exists in this universe than western science allows for.

None of us, not you, me, BSY or anyone here can account for everything.  Hell, most of us can't even begin scratch the surface .

So he believes something is crap because his system of logic doesn't allow for it. I find that to be pretty elitist and dismissive and while I don't personally subscribe to reincarnation, I truly believe more exists in this universe than western science allows for.

None of us, not you, me, BSY or anyone here can account for everything.  Hell, most of us can't even begin scratch the surface .

​They make a cute little bag for that.  img_20130629_221813-jpg.889

Within what frame of reference?  Had you been around in the 4th century the answer would have been more yes than no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

If you mean todays American Santa, the for other than young children, probably no.  But then I wouldn't want to bust their dreams either.

Edited by maddmaxx

Within what frame of reference?  Had you been around in the 4th century the answer would have been more yes than no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

If you mean todays American Santa, the for other than young children, probably no.  But then I wouldn't want to bust their dreams either.

I was speaking of the modern Santa. 

When I was  5 or 6 my parents sat me down and explained the celebration of Christmas to me.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus, but the dates of the biblical story are illogical. 

I was speaking of the modern Santa. 

When I was  5 or 6 my parents sat me down and explained the celebration of Christmas to me.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus, but the dates of the biblical story are illogical. 

​You must be right.  There was obviously no snow around the manger.........but there is in the displays here in NE

• Heart 1

I never used to think you were a fool. 

​...yes you did. And if you want to probe the history and technical details of Christmas, it is not nearly as simple as you've made it out to be.  There are human winter solstice traditions that predate written history, and the idea that the early Christians might want to assume a new tradition and meaning for those celebrations serves well to explain the calendar placement.

So in the true spirit of peace on earth and good will toward man, bite me.:mellow:

• Heart 2

So in the true spirit of peace on earth and good will toward man, bite me.:mellow:

Fuck of and die, and then come back to me when you are reincarnated. 

Reincarnation is bullshit, so it's not surprising that you believe it's real. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Btw, I used to think you were an just an asshole. I never thought you were a fool too.