Do you admire your own work? So many years later, can you look back and smile?

Wilbur

Yes. I'm no Jimmy page. Rocking the free world

But..as I am closer to the end than the beginning I can say that I have accomplished "some" stuff.

20+ years ago I was (and am) part of a group promoting better built homes. Virtually everything we were trying to accomplish then has happened. But the bar keeps moving. So we are always promoting. Net zero will be the next big thing

Helped to bump the recycle rate here in our burb.  All C&D waste now goes through MRFs. I was part of that

Built a nice company well known and respected in our little niche. Honored to work with some very fine men who bust it every work day. I have seen them generous with dollars and with kindness to their fellow employees. I've seen babies grow up into fine young men. And seen great women have beautiful Quincineros and start their own lives

• Like 2

Do you admire your own work? So many years later, can you look back and smile?

Like Scrapr said, I'm no Jimmy page but in 1987 I was hired to do the landscaping for a clinic and for a personal residence.  I wasn't a landscaper but my wife told the doctor that I could do it so I got the job.  I had the advantage of having a blueprint to follow that had been prepared by a landscape architect. Over the years I will sometimes drive by and see if anything is left of my work.  Actually most of the work I did is still there and looks beautiful.  It has survived the years I suppose most of the credit should go to the guy that made the blueprint but I was the one that actually did the work, built the walkways, retaining walls, stairways, rock gardens, flowering trees and shrubs.  I never expected it to survive  28 years.

• Like 1

In some ways, yes. Not so much the actual work that I've done, but part of several teams that have done different project around the midwest. The buildings still stand and so do the bridges.

• Like 1

In some ways, yes. Not so much the actual work that I've done, but part of several teams that have done different project around the midwest. The buildings still stand and so do the bridges.

So no balconies with wood understructures?​