Yeeouch. Trees down.

maddmaxx

A violent thunderstorm cell just went through.  There's the top half of a tree down in my neighbors yard.  She's not home yet but I think it missed everything important.  Just south of us in Salem they got hammered and some other parts of the state are showing significant damage. Now I'm waiting to lose power.

Oh, and as a denizen of both the Bible Belt and Tornado Alley my prayers are with you.  Glad you are okay

​Nothing as bad as a tornado.  Just a couple of severe wind gusts for about 2 minutes.  Typical Thunderstorm stuff.  The radar showed the heart of the cell going through the next town south.  I was just out checking out the neighbors yard and the branches that sheared off of her tree missed everything.  They're still hanging there by a thread though so this is going to be a job for tree man.

The day after.  Beautiful blue skys, low wind great day.  Other than a bunch of leaf clusters and small branches everywhere there is nothing here but the tree top in the neighbors yard.  There's news of towns around us without power and with road closures etc but all is well here.  I hope everybody else came out ok.  I think what we had was a small "micro burst" where the wind exceeds 50mph and swirls through several different vectors for about 60 seconds.  I was running around trying to close windows as the sky opened up and the rain kept trying to come in from different direction.  Outside the trees were snapping back and forth through some crazy angles.  For a change the power stayed on although it flickered several times as various branches touched the lines.  I don't think I'd like to live in the midwest where this happens a lot.