So who wants to hire me?

Randomguy

I turned down a low-ball offer.  Just as well, it was far from the subway (1+ mile away), in a weird area, and the owners and most of the employees are of another culture, which I learned a long time ago not do work for unless you have to (any company that is predominately one culture that is a separate and distinct identity than yours, that is, not one particular culture).

​Which zone is that? :dontknow:

​The east coast zone, swampy in the summer, cold and swampy in the winter, and really nice for two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall.  

I like Rhode Island, I used to come up with the quarrelsome ex, some friend of the family had a cottage on some body of water or other, I think it was salty.  I want to say it was North Kingstown, but it was a long time ago.  I also like where SQ lives (or used to live).

Edited by Randomguy™

​The east coast zone, swampy in the summer, cold and swampy in the winter, and really nice for two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall.  

I like Rhode Island, I used to come up with the quarrelsome ex, some friend of the family had a cottage on some body of water or other, I think it was salty.  I want to say it was North Kingstown, but it was a long time ago.  I also like where SQ lives (or used to live).

​Ok, I get it now.

Yes, there are places with nicer weather, but every place has it's drawbacks.

Back on topic, as others have said, what is it you actually do, or want to do?

​Ok, I get it now.

Yes, there are places with nicer weather, but every place has it's drawbacks.

Back on topic, as others have said, what is it you actually do, or want to do?

​I am kind of salesy in my history, with a 4-year foray into network administration from 2000 - 2004.  I hobnob and cajole people into becoming customers and then better customers.  

Every place does have its drawbacks.  I like to be close to the outside world, and also to cities that can support my wilding behaviors and gang affiliations.

Edited by Randomguy™

​I am kind of salesy in my history, with a 4-year foray into network administration from 2000 - 2004.  I hobnob and cajole people into becoming customers and then better customers.  

Every place does have its drawbacks.  I like to be close to the outside world, and also to cities that can support my wilding behaviors and gang affiliations.

​They have gang affiliations in Providence.  :whistle:

I turned down a low-ball offer.  Just as well, it was far from the subway (1+ mile away), in a weird area, and the owners and most of the employees are of another culture, which I learned a long time ago not do work for unless you have to (any company that is predominately one culture that is a separate and distinct identity than yours, that is, not one particular culture).

​So what I read here is that they have culture & you don't?

​So what I read here is that they have culture & you don't?

​Hey, I went to a museum once!

I don't really identify with a particular culture, btw.  I suppose a loose identity as a white dude with a college degree would work, but I both like and hate everybody individually on their own merits.  A whole company that is 50% or more chinese, jewish, german, russian, christian, etc. really works against you if you aren't part of the gang.

Edited by Randomguy™

​How low does an offer from Subway™ have to be for it to be considered "lowball"?  Also, I would like a footlong BMT on wheat, lettuce, peppers, black olives, vinegar and oil and oregano, with just a bit of yellow mustard.

• Heart 1