How honest are you?

petitepedal

I was at Super America this morning..a convenience store...gas and "stuff"...My change was $8.08...and the guy in the middle of morning rush..gave me $9.08... a noticed and handed him the $1.00 back..he was appreciative and said there are so few honest people out there today....  :(   Way back when...I worked in a similar place and..dang your cash drawer needed to match...I just didn't want to take what isn't mine.

What would you have done?  

How honest are you?

​I had a supervisor at a job when I was in college who once told me I needed to stop being so honest.

I used to work graveyard shift in the computer room and any (I mean ANY) problem they had in the daytime many would try to find a way to blame me (easy because I wasn't there to defend myself). Sometimes when I did make mistakes I would own up to them and even tell them so they could do anything that needed to be done to correct it early on. My supervisor was like "they're already trying to blame you for everything...quit being so honest and giving them ammunition".

I would have gave the $1 back to the guy if I noticed it.. half the time I never really count the change I am given back unless the person working has trouble counting the money the register tells them.

I was at Super America this morning..a convenience store...gas and "stuff"...My change was $8.08...and the guy in the middle of morning rush..gave me $9.08... a noticed and handed him the $1.00 back..he was appreciative and said there are so few honest people out there today....  :(   Way back when...I worked in a similar place and..dang your cash drawer needed to match...I just didn't want to take what isn't mine.

​I would have given it back.

I always give found money back to the most logical source.  The only exception was Saturday when I went to the landfill with 5 bags of trash and some tires to dispose of.  Tires are free but 5 bags of trash is 5 dollars.  More than that is 10.  The woman, (read most miserable person in the world) always over charges.  Same this time.. She says $10, I hand her a 20, she hands me two 10's in change.  I drive away.  :)  I am so badass. :) 

• Heart 1

I always give found money back to the most logical source.  The only exception was Saturday when I went to the landfill with 5 bags of trash and some tires to dispose of.  Tires are free but 5 bags of trash is 5 dollars.  More than that is 10.  The woman, (read most miserable person in the world) always over charges.  Same this time.. She says $10, I hand her a 20, she hands me two 10's in change.  I drive away.  :)  I am so badass. :) 

​Careful.  Max will instantly defriend you.

​Nothing a nice little audit wouldn't change.

​It's likely that an audit would cause the government to pay me for deductions that I didn't take.  They once paid me for a math error in my favor.  Taxes are relatively straight forward unless you want to cheat.  Don't take deductions for things you didn't do.  Report all income and pay your use tax for all big ticket items.

Edited by maddmaxx

Perhaps you should be demanding an audit.  I once slept with an IRS gal.   Wait.  She used to be an ex-girlfriend of mine even.  I got mob ties, bro.

​Have them contact the Sicilian part of my family and I'll get you a better accountant.

I'm not sure yet what the Chinese wing of the family can do.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

I'd have done what you did.