Chaos at the Square

petitepedal

The Square...is where I work....well...they have been installing the new TV system..it is the direct package for hotels, condos, hospitals, and ....senior buildings.

Todays complaint....we don't have the local public television weather channel...........WTF you have at least 2 other weather channels ...

Oh and METV isn't listed...but they have half a dozen classic channels...one of them must be running Andy & Opie  :wacko:

Then...sad to say we have a few people who are just to old for the new technology and MORE options....they learned what was what when we did the 50 channels but oh my this is too much.

199 apartments...they are getting about 15 a day....today was day 3..........

The Square...is where I work....well...they have been installing the new TV system..it is the direct package for hotels, condos, hospitals, and ....senior buildings.

Todays complaint....we don't have the local public television weather channel...........WTF you have at least 2 other weather channels ...

Oh and METV isn't listed...but they have half a dozen classic channels...one of them must be running Andy & Opie  :wacko:

Then...sad to say we have a few people who are just to old for the new technology and MORE options....they learned what was what when we did the 50 channels but oh my this is too much.

199 apartments...they are getting about 15 a day....today was day 3..........

​Only 10.27 more days to go.  Oh and then add on the additional days to review the stuff forgotten.  You could take this TV gig right up to retirement.  Think about it.

We moved our office on very short notice on the first of the month.  I am still finding issues with phones, wifi, computers, etc.

Today I found out our receptionist has not been able to print since the move.  I looked at her machine and found out she had not connected an ethernet or USB cable to her printer.  When I asked why, she said it is a wifi printer so it does not need cables.  

I took a few deep calming breathes and explained to her that wifi only works for wife enabled devices.  All of the PC's in our office are not wifi.  They use wires, hence the need to connect her printer to the network with wires......

Can you give me the number of your shrink, er um, behavioral psychologist?

So...I left work about 40 minutes late...I realized as I was getting ready to go...that I need to put up some signs for some floor cleaning and sealing...that was scheduled for TUESDAY..they didn't show but called about 3 PM on Tuesday to remind us of our Thursday appointment...well duh I have an appointment tomorrow AM...so I know they pulled a fast one changing that day...but the signs needed to go up.  Just as I am about to take the signs down the hall..one of the TV people comes to talk about the "problem people" and furniture moving and ......  So I go with him to the apartment...The husband has the big "A" (if cancer can be the big C Alzheimer's can be the big A)...This is a 2 bedroom apt...and well they have a tv in either bedroom (1 bedroom..the other is..the tv room)  The "living room" is for group seating but not TV...well there is a hook up in the living room and in the tv - room...just needs a short cable in the tv room...no problem...but to get television to the second bedroom..furniture...big furniture needs to be moved...Well after much confusion and conversation...it will all happen for an additional charge of about $45...which isn't bad...they don't get a monthly fee for the tv......But boy....a hard end to the day...this poor guy has been going downhill for a few years now...but the last 6 months or so...the pace has picked up....:(