Dual monitors or not?

shotgun

I just upgraded my monitor from 2007 19" Dell Ultrasharp to a new 24" Dell Ultrasharp LED monitor. I'm currently running them in a dual configuration, but the two look so different that I don't think I can deal with it. The old one always looked ok to me until I upgraded from a 19" to a 24" at work. That got me thinking I needed a new one at home. There's a huge difference in the brightness and contrast and I don't like it. I've got a spare 32" Sony Bravia TV. Maybe I should ditch the 19" and mount the 32" on the wall above the 24".

Comments?

For work I liked identical dual monitors.  It made it very easy to run a spreadsheet on one for a bill of materials and either a circuit board design package or vendor ordering page on the other without having to switch back and forth.  I'd vote for two of the same.

Edited by maddmaxx

It would bother me to have two different sizes.  I am not sure why, it just would.

​It bothered me that minor shades of color differences existed, let alone brightness or size.  Probably just an obsession, but I wasn't concentrating on the monitors but rather what was on them while sliding things back and forth.  Given a choice I would use the same size, brand and model number.

At work I have dual matching monitors, and also dual video cards (I do CAD). I love having dual monitors. The main reason is it's nice to have reference material up on one, or multiple programs. I can run four monitors (2/card), sometimes that would be nice. At home I have a single.

Edited by bikeman564™