A "sign" for RG

Square Wheels

In the reincarnation thread that was hijacked you mentioned a friend that had died.  You asked her to send you a sign from the great beyond and you felt you had not received it.  How do you know?  Are you expecting it to come with a sticky note that says, here's your sign?

Let's just for a moment imagine you are incapable of having children.  How is it then that you have a little treasure?  Could that be a sign?  I suspect you don't have terminal liver cancer.  Could that be a sign?  You wife wasn't killed in a mugging, how about that?

I am not a religious person, but I am not willing to rule out miracles and powers that are greater than me acting on my behalf.  Either for or against me.

I'm by far not a religious person, but I do believe there are things that go bump in the night. Maybe she gave him a sign and he has not seen it yet. Signs can come in many shapes and forms.. 

In the reincarnation thread that was hijacked you mentioned a friend that had died.  You asked her to send you a sign from the great beyond and you felt you had not received it.  How do you know?  Are you expecting it to come with a sticky note that says, here's your sign?

Let's just for a moment imagine you are incapable of having children.  How is it then that you have a little treasure?  Could that be a sign?  I suspect you don't have terminal liver cancer.  Could that be a sign?  You wife wasn't killed in a mugging, how about that?

I am not a religious person, but I am not willing to rule out miracles and powers that are greater than me acting on my behalf.  Either for or against me.

​Good question, so I will answer.  The dead are a bunch of slack assholes.  Those that are not dead  are also a bunch of slack assholes, but not as slack as the dead in that their imaginations are all very much alive.  Because of this, the susceptible and emotionally stupid will see signs in everything.  "Oh, the steak is perfect, that is a sign" or "my painful rectal itch is not terminal, that is definitely a sign".  The problem is in interpretation and excuse making.

I feel the dead will be stripped of the stupid and unaware portion of themselves, were this' life of some sort after death' thing were to happen, and would come to your hairy ass in a very damn obvious way so as not to be mistaken for something else by our stupid minds and rationalizations.  Therefore, if they were to come back, they would interact with us in a way that cannot be mistaken, and not in a damn dream or drugged state or during masturbation.

Because of all this, Refugee Rat has not sent any sign or been able to haunt me, even a little, in a way that an emotionally stable or rational person could perceive without making up all kinds of excuses.  Think about it, when you want to be clear, you really find a way, and it doesn't involve tea-leaves, incantations, or witch doctors of any sort.

​But you are a minister mister, are you not?

​I was ordaned... minister, preacher, whatever you want tot call me... it was done to marry a couple I knew and because I had nothing else to do one day at work.. :)

​I was ordaned... minister, preacher, whatever you want tot call me... it was done to marry a couple I knew and because I had nothing else to do one day at work.. :)

​Ah.  My dog was a minister, too, I have the certificate and everything!  She was very philosophical.

• Heart 1