15 miles later

TrentonMakes

Was the original post an actual 29.8mm post?

​I don't have a caliper and didn't measure.  I was told that KHS did their own investigation and concluded the stock post was too small.

The new narrower post, with the sleeve to fit the 29.8mm seat tube opening, was very snug.  Compared to that, the stock post moved around very easily.  Therefore I guess I can conclude that the initial problem was that the post was too small (and not that the seat tube was too big).  

The replacement post has a gloss finish.  I suspect that contributed to the secondary problem.

​I don't have a caliper and didn't measure.  I was told that KHS did their own investigation and concluded the stock post was too small.

The new narrower post, with the sleeve to fit the 29.8mm seat tube opening, was very snug.  Compared to that, the stock post moved around very easily.  Therefore I guess I can conclude that the initial problem was that the post was too small (and not that the seat tube was too big).  

The replacement post has a gloss finish.  I suspect that contributed to the secondary problem.

I'm glad the problem was solved. I hope there was no cost to you. 

I'm glad the problem was solved. I hope there was no cost to you. 

​15 miles with no post movement is uncharted territory!  but I feel like I'm going to keep glancing down at that little spot of white-out for some time.

I'm frustrated that the whole process took so long, and with so many trips back and forth to the shop.  But the people at the shop did it all gratis, and with a smile.  At least it's a win* in that department.

*pronounced 'nguyen'

• Heart 1

​15 miles with no post movement is uncharted territory!  but I feel like I'm going to keep glancing down at that little spot of white-out for some time.

I'm frustrated that the whole process took so long, and with so many trips back and forth to the shop.  But the people at the shop did it all gratis, and with a smile.  At least it's a win* in that department.

*pronounced 'nguyen'

So the OEM post slipped?

Your shop solved the problem( it seems). 

I'm glad this ended well.