Cheese, I Need you to Intercede with Justice Scalia on My Behalf

Page Turner

Hey California, Justice Scalia discovers the 10th ring of hell, and we are it

But then he went from hand-wringing to knuckle-dragging on the gay marriage decision, arguing that the court was patrician, pretentious, egotistical and out of touch with America because its justices are successful lawyers (would we want otherwise?) who went to elite schools and grew up in either the elitist East or the wifty West but not the heartland or the South.

“Not a single Southwesterner or even,” Scalia wrote, “to tell the truth, a genuine Westerner. (California does not count.)”...

That might not seem entirely rational, but we’re talking about Justice Scalia, after all, who still seems to be twitching over the hippie movement a half-century after it happened. In mocking a majority opinion reference to intimacy and spirituality, Scalia wrote:

“Really? Who ever thought that intimacy and spirituality [whatever that means] were freedoms? And if intimacy is, one would think Freedom of Intimacy is abridged rather than expanded by marriage. Ask the nearest hippie.”

...maybe he would be open to your suggestion that even though I am both a dirty hippie and a Californian, I am still a good egg ?  I'm just very discouraged right now by all the abuse.:( You're a Southerner, and so it appears that you represent the American demographic in a way that appeals to Mr Justice Scalia.  You know I hate to ask, but I'm stuck out here with a bunch of elitist, hippie liberals, and have nowhere else to turn.

I've been nice to Cheeseballs and making an effort to turn the corner in this place.  But honestly it's not nearly as fun and... as much as I hate to say it..  I do, I really do -- you gotta believe me -- I'm tempted to return to my chaotic self.  But Wilbur asked me some time ago to lay off him.  So I'll keep my word.  

He's all yours now, 3A.  

He does have a really redeaming quality:  He likes moon pies.