Wilbur, you've got to go back to Montreal on Tuesday night!

AirwickWithCheese

US ladies beat the Chinese and play Germany in the semis on Tuesday. It's all ours again. 

Why no Vancouver? 

​I will still be in Montreal Cheese.  Canada has gone as far as they can and was better than expected so I will gladly take up cheering for the US. 

I don't know why Vancouver was left out.  Maybe they were spoiled enough with the 2010 Olympics.

Where will we be playing the Final? I could fly to New York and you could jet us to the game.  History and meet Cheese. 

​Final IS in Vancouver.   See how closely I have been paying attention. 

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/03/96/71/fwwc2015_matchschedule_16022015_en_neutral.pdf

Nothing in Toronto but we have the Pan Am games.  Bosox will be happy with US domination.

Wait, let me get this straight. Semi final is in Montreal and you'll be there. Our championship will be in your home of Vancouver.....    Wilbur you must go to both. 

Why does God love you more than Cheese?  :(

​The gods must be crazy Cheese.  I would go to Vancouver but I would miss my simulator check which would leave me unemployed as a pilot.  That isn't a good thing. 

You've got to go Uncle Wilbur. It will be 1999 all over again.   :)

​I'm not sure I want to see Mia Hamm tear her jersey off today...

I certainly don't want to see Hans Solo's daughter rip hers off and show that Wookie chest off.

​The gods must be crazy Cheese.  I would go to Vancouver but I would miss my simulator check which would leave me unemployed as a pilot.  That isn't a good thing. 

​...I bet you need the salary checks to buy game tickets.  It's like when I was working so I could have money to go on swell vacations, but then had trouble finding the time to go. :(

Actually, the ladies from 99 are still gorgeous today. Those girls will always be young and wonderfully talented.   :)

​I met most of them at the womens training facility in Orlando in 99.  I was there on a consultant job and someone invited me to a free exhibition game with the US men vs a German league team.  The crowd was only about 300 people.  I got to hand a ball in touch back to Cobi Jones for the throw in.  During the game however the women's team came walking up from the practice field and I recognized a couple of players from a CT AAU team that I had refereed games for.  They introduced me to most of the US women's national team.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 3