You knew it was coming, here is your picture thread.

Parr8hed

Let's see...100 registered participants...2 parents and possibly a grandparent or 2 and lets not forget the non participating sibling or siblings...and the volunteers...

Parr8 is taking them all out for lunch when this is over!!!.....I am guessing you have at least 500 people crawling around that area.

My niece.

mags.thumb.jpg.9a04a68a04f79cb06f116eb33

My course designer (I titled him "logistics coordinator") and sign maker, Bryce doing body marking.

bryce.thumb.jpg.b808946922491aa78839242f

My buddy Joe.  He is a 3X ironman finisher.  Training for this year and had a bike crash.  He talked about bike safety and showed the kids his split helmet.

Joe.thumb.jpg.8238f2776c425c0109bf221c64

• Heart 4

What can I add to this?  Let's see.  Mrs. Parr8 is an unsung hero.  The Parr8 kids are very cool.  There was chatter among a large group of kids about how to NOT wash off your numbers when your parents make you take a bath.  My top 3-- put Vasoline over the numbers before the bath, stick your head only in the shower, sit in the bath tub with your legs hanging out, and don't use a wash cloth..  I promised them I would not tell their parents and voted for skip the wash cloth and use vasoline.

• Heart 2

Awesome, though I am more than gravely concerned with the ambulance on hot stand-by & knowing what P08 does for a living.......

​I will have you know that every child left with the same number of kidneys that they arrived with.  This is also true for my out of town guests.

• Heart 1

Very cool. That niece of yours is a cutie

One suggestion...G man needs a better number. 62???? WTF

I would suggest a Top 5 number. If you go #1 everybody thinks the fix is in. But if you go 3 or 4?

Now that you have a year under your belt you can seed them 1-100

:D

Very cool. That niece of yours is a cutie

One suggestion...G man needs a better number. 62???? WTF

I would suggest a Top 5 number. If you go #1 everybody thinks the fix is in. But if you go 3 or 4?

Now that you have a year under your belt you can seed them 1-100

:D

​I seeded kids based on swim times.  Since my kids are swimmers I knew most of the swimmers that had registered. The lower bib numbers were the youngest age group, they went first. Then the middle AG (Griffin's) finally the older kids (the triple digit numbers).  Note that Emmy wore #1 :-)

G was seeded as one of the first to go in the middle AG. 

Assigning bib #'s and start times was tedious, one of the harder parts or all of this. 

Podium shots?  Who won?

​You can go to our website and see who won.  The results are a little inconclusive, there were a few that I took out of podium slots b/c they told me they only did one lap on the bike or one lap on the run etc.  Emmy placed 4th in her AG.  There were some fast girls there!  G's AG was very competitive at the top.   daretotriracing.com

I didn't get podium shots since I was up there doing the awards.  But that gives me a great idea!  Next year I will build a small podium for the kids to stand on as I give out awards.  I'll let them hang out for a sec while parents snap pics.

Edited by Parr8hed
forgot link
  • Heart 3

​You can go to our website and see who won.  The results are a little inconclusive, there were a few that I took out of podium slots b/c they told me they only did one lap on the bike or one lap on the run etc.  Emmy placed 4th in her AG.  There were some fast girls there!  G's AG was very competitive at the top.   daretotriracing.com

I didn't get podium shots since I was up there doing the awards.  But that gives me a great idea!  Next year I will build a small podium for the kids to stand on as I give out awards.  I'll let them hang out for a sec while parents snap pics.

​races with podiums are the best, IMHO. Very simple to have, and meaningful to the racers,  We want to be up on them, and if we didn't make it...we want to come back and get it the next year.

• Heart 1

​races with podiums are the best, IMHO. Very simple to have, and meaningful to the racers,  We want to be up on them, and if we didn't make it...we want to come back and get it the next year.

​I get that.  Most of the kids were first timers and prob didn't know that podiums were even missing.    They will be there next year though!