Had My Proverbial Azz

Zealot

Handed to me last evening. Decided to ride Gambrill. Haven't been there in a while. Because it was late afternoon I chose a couple of the shorter trails and did loops. The shorter trails circle the top of the mountain. You decend from the starting point and have to climb back out no matter which direction you go. There are almost no smooth areas.

OMG! I totally forgot how technical, steep and rugged this park is.  Did a lot of hiking. It's nothing but ledges, rocks and water stop logs! On one steep decent (my second time around)  I slammed into a tree while negotiating a steep ledge. Crank came around  and whacked my shin pretty good. Swelled up. Shoulder and arm pretty sore. Whole ride was a bone jarring, muscle twisting, joint wrenching, sweat pouring event. Even one of my shoes came apart. Now I gotta buy another pair.

Crawling out of bed this morning was tough. I feel like a truck ran over me and dragged me for a mile... 

Wooohooo! Can't wait to do it again!

;-)

• Heart 3

I can tell you that, from my experience, videos both look slower than it looks when you're riding it, and understate the "techy" parts of the trail.  Also, the accordion affect of riding with a group that's trying to ride close together while negotiating turns and tech like that, makes for a weird flow for the guys in the back.

• Heart 1

I can tell you that, from my experience, videos both look slower than it looks when you're riding it, and understate the "techy" parts of the trail.  Also, the accordion affect of riding with a group that's trying to ride close together while negotiating turns and tech like that, makes for a weird flow for the guys in the back.

Honestly, have no idea who those guys are. But I know that section of trail and I can tell your that flying there is not easy. When I first watched the vid, I was impressed with how fast it 'appeared' to me they were riding it.

​Yeah.  I think I heard that.  I look super slow in my pump vid, but it felt a lot faster.

This guy isn't even slow in vid...HAHA   My man is wicked fast.  He hit 38 mph down this trail.

Edited by Dirtyhip