speaking of proverbial ass

Dirtyhip

mine got kicked at lunch. My hip is swelling up in a fierce manner. It is like hard to the touch..all swollen with blood. Ick!

Crashing sucks. I was schralpin hard. I caught air and started laughing and then had a bunch of speed in a section with ball bearing rocks and loose shit. Oops.

20150630_130253.jpg

Edited by Dirtyhip
  • Heart 1

You weren't wearing your armor?

​I didn't feel like wearing it in this heat.  It wouldn't have helped the hip slam though.  The knee and elbow aren't even that bad.  It's this horrible lump and swelling on my upper hip.  DAMN..it is getting huge. I am going to have a mother of a bruise.  It is already purple.  :mellow:

You should probably ride a little more cautiously when you're not wearing it.

I hope it's not worse than it seems.  Get better fast!

I know.  I was having fun and it got away from me.  My mountain bike told me to ride fast.  :whistle:

The trails are super loose right now.  

Ahhhh, maybe a quick X-ray...??? Dayam!!!

​Nah, I would know if it was broken or fractured.  This is just soft tissue damage. If I X-rayed everytime I had a bad schralp I would be in debt from medical bills. Last time I went for my shoulder they poked around and sent me home. That was like $70 bucks.  No thanks.

I showed that to one of our radiologists, and he said Arnuca gel. It's homeopathic, and he uses it in his clinic all the time. You must do something about that; it's upsetting me. :-(

​Dear friend,,,,no need to worry.  I have a great concoction of prescription pain relievers going through my body right now.  One is a schedule 4.  Ask me anything right now.  This shit is truth serum.  HAHA

It's not pain I'm worried about. But OK. Heal well. 

​My father had a contusion like the from a rather simple fall.  His body didn't absorb it and he didn't tell us about it.  One night I get a call from MOMoKzoo that he is in severe pain and cannot move his right leg.  At trip to the ER - many shots of morphine - a trip to surgery that included an 8 inch incision down the side of his butt - several days in the hospital, and he was good as new (almost).

The surgeon explained that they removed about a jar full of what looked like grape jelly out of his backside.  The thrombosis formed between membranes associated with two different sections of glute muscles and the body had a hard time absorbing it.  

Hope you have a better time than DADoKzoo.