My day was just made

jsharr

So, where did the ride take you?

​Sadly, the boys decided to get into a fight over video games before I could get home. Wife was not happy, nor was dad after speaking to the boys.  The big one kicked the little one in the ribs apparently.  Needless to say, I did not take him on a bike ride for ice cream.  Sad.  Maybe tonight.

I think this thread demonstrates the thin line between success and failure in life. You obviously have terrific boys but we all have the tendency to make a couple of really dumb decisions in life.  That's where Dad's come in.  

You're obviously a very good Dad Mr. Noland. 

• Heart 1

​Sadly, the boys decided to get into a fight over video games before I could get home. Wife was not happy, nor was dad after speaking to the boys.  The big one kicked the little one in the ribs apparently.  Needless to say, I did not take him on a bike ride for ice cream.  Sad.  Maybe tonight.

Ah, the trials and tribulations of raising children. Hope this evening turns out better for all of you.

I think this thread demonstrates the thin line between success and failure in life. You obviously have terrific boys but we all have the tendency to make a couple of really dumb decisions in life.  That's where Dad's come in.  

You're obviously a very good Dad Mr. Noland. 

​That tendency was handed down from Father to Son, it's in the boy's genes

• Heart 2

​That tendency was handed down from Father to Son, it's in the boy's genes

​Ed Zachary!  This is what I told my wife without the boys present.  They are boys, boys fight.  Pain is a good teacher.  It is just that Wade is my size and Ryan not so much.  He is not even 80 lbs yet going into 5th grade.  

So a day late, but we got our ride in.  Got out the mountain bikes and hit the MUP to a local nature preserve.  On the way, came up a jogger with ear buds in that liked to cut corners.  I yelled on your left and began to pass, just as he started to cut a corner.  I SCREAMED ON YOUR LEFT and he finally heard me.  Ripped out his earbuds, jumped off the path and screamed a few obscenities.  I told him I was yelling on your left as I rode off.  

Later , we saw a hawk sitting beside a creek eating something he caught, so we stopped to watch.  The jogger came up and apologized.

Rode a few more miles and then made a stop by Sweet Firefly.  I had a cherry shaved ice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.

It was a good night for Wade and I.

• Heart 3

On occasion my daughters - when they were young - would get into arguments.  I'd say to them "I am NOT going to listen to you fight.  You can stop shouting and arguing now, and work it out in reasonable voices.  Or you can keep arguing, and I WILL put you in your rooms for the rest of the evening with the doors closed.  Either way I don't listen to you fight.  Now, you chose which it will be."

The arguments became fewer as they learned to work out their differences without escalating anger.  Eventually we reached the point where no one in our family spoke in a raised voice.