What are you grilling this weekend?

petitepedal

I just have a small smokey joe...1 height on the grate..no way to add charcoal unless I plate the meat, remove the grate and then re-assemble....but I keep thinking a small batch of ribs or a brisket....any simple suggestions and/or recipes... I googeld for the pork chop marinade...

That is an excellent question.

I often do dogs and brats.  We get ball tip steaks fairly often, as they're not too expensive and can be made amazingly good with a simple marinade.  Once in awhile some specialty burgers (stuffed with bleu cheese, or something good).

I'm going to have to ponder this.  Meanwhile, meet the amazing grill and the Ikea Flipper of Awesomeness.

grill.jpg

Nothing. My last grill kicked the bucket a couple years ago and I've just not replaced it. 

Though I could do some burgers or steaks over a fire.  Hmmmm. If we put the floor down this weekend, this would be a nice respite.

I just have a small smokey joe...1 height on the grate..no way to add charcoal unless I plate the meat, remove the grate and then re-assemble....but I keep thinking a small batch of ribs or a brisket....any simple suggestions and/or recipes... I googeld for the pork chop marinade...

​Check your grill Sunshine, under the grate handles should be enough space to drop charcoal into the firebowl without removing the grate.  I use that gap to drop wood chunks onto the coals as needed.  Position your grate so that the gap is above the coals.  Drop in new charcoal and pour yourself a glass of wine for a job well done.

I plan on some wings with Franklin's BBQ sauce and shrimp, andouille sausage, peppers and onions. 

Franklin Espresso BBQ Sauce

• 4 cups ketchup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 6 tablespoons brewed espresso
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
  • Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan.
  • Stir well over medium heat
  • Bring to a simmer
  • Simmer gently for 20 minutes to blend flavors
  • Use immediately or cool, cover and store for up to 3 weeks.