Made it home from Parr8ville

UglyBob

The truck is unloaded and the doggies have been ransomed from the canine country club. Just fininshed unpacking and the laundry is started.  Road trips are great, but coming home sucks... 

I always love coming home. Hate unpacking, but love being home.

Uh oh. What did you do?

​From my last crash when I went over the bars and taco'd the front wheel.  UB was kind enough to take it home with him.  It's on a really nice DA hub so he was going to build me up a Parr8proof front wheel.  I had my "good" wheelset on my "good" bike when I broke the rear hub flange.  So now I have a race light front wheel and an open pro rear wheel with the other DA hub.  I can't decide if riding mismatched hubs makes me look more Fred or more Pro?

• Heart 2

​I know, just kidding.  I am not the type to really care about such things.  I do think that I would have to really try to make myself even more Fred than I already am.

Made me smile!

i don't look so much 'Fred' as I do simply  'old'... ;)

​Uh oh, UB might build you a 72 spoke wheel.  That should be parr8 proof.

​Well here is the issue.  That front DA hub is a 28.  So if he built up a 72 it would kinda defeat the purpose of reusing my nice hub. 

And I bet that if I tried hard enough I could destroy a 72.

Glad you made it back UB.  It was nice to meet you, though I missed your wife.  Next time I'll stick around for dinner.  Don't forget to send me your recipe for Centennial Red.  Next weekend I'm brewing a Bronze Wit for a friend who recently won two bronze medals at the Senior Olympics here in Ohio.  His last name is Witt.

Thanks guys. I didn't take too many pictures, but I'll get what I did take loaded up today. It was great to meet everyone. The Air's are both really cool people. The whole Parr8 clan are a fun bunch. It was a blast making a huge mess in the driveway making the signs!

#7, I'll dig out the beer recipe and get it to you. We really need to start working on that book!

• Heart 1

Some pics:

20150626_140336_zps7v0mcxly.jpg

They closed the I-64 bridge so they could move a couple of concrete bridge beams.

​Shredded parmesan cone flowers are rare.

Those beams must be for the new I-65 bridge they are building.

Open heart surgery? Really?

​He is just a year out from having an ASD repair.  I think it was march of 2014 IIRC.  Was in the pediatric ICU for 2 nights and in the hospital for 4 nights total.  Back in school in a week and swimming for the swim team about 2 months post surgery.  Did a tri at 5 months post op!  He's pretty amazing, and heart function is almost completely back to normal at his 1 year check up.

• Heart 1

​Shredded parmesan cone flowers are rare.

Those beams must be for the new I-65 bridge they are building.

​They are building another bridge as well.  It is east of downtown.  There is a ton of traffic that heads out 64 to the east end of Louisville and this bridge will take southern Indiana traffic over there and help to decompress the I-65 bridge and all of the people in the far right lane of that bridge taking I-64 E.  I think these were going to that bridge. 

The progress that they are making on the 65 bridge is amazing.

Edited by Parr8hed
I don't know my left from my right.

​He is just a year out from having an ASD repair.  I think it was march of 2014 IIRC.  Was in the pediatric ICU for 2 nights and in the hospital for 4 nights total.  Back in school in a week and swimming for the swim team about 2 months post surgery.  Did a tri at 5 months post op!  He's pretty amazing, and heart function is almost completely back to normal at his 1 year check up.

Wow!! That's pretty amazing, P8. Damn fine young man there.

had to be pretty scary initially, huh?

• Heart 1