A minor league baseball game

LoneWolf

Minor league sports are the best (IMHO) to attend. Inexpensive and you get to see the athletes' play with heart trying to make the "show". Best times.

And Cheesedoodle is so correct, these type of evenings will stay with you for a long long time.

• Heart 1

Minor league sports are cool and affordable.  I've turned my back on most of the "majors".  They've simply priced themselves out of my market.

On the other hand, after the local politics involved in turning the New Britain Rock Cats into the Hartford "Yard Goats" (???????) I don't think I'm going to bother with them anymore.

Back when my son was going to school in Rochester I was very impressed with how well a stadium and it's sports teams can be integrated into the local entertainment scene.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

LW, I took my parents to a WhiteCaps game many years ago.  It was a great experience for all.  They wanted to sit in the grass so they brought they chairs and we grabbed a great spot down the right field line.  I won't do into details but it was the greatest finish to a ball game I've ever seen and at 59 yo I've played and seen a lot of games.  WhiteCaps at bat, 2 outs, down by 3, bases loaded, grounder to 1st and the WhiteCaps won.

That is a great environment to see a game.

LW, I took my parents to a WhiteCaps game many years ago.  It was a great experience for all.  They wanted to sit in the grass so they brought they chairs and we grabbed a great spot down the right field line.  I won't do into details but it was the greatest finish to a ball game I've ever seen and at 59 yo I've played and seen a lot of games.  WhiteCaps at bat, 2 outs, down by 3, bases loaded, grounder to 1st and the WhiteCaps won.

That is a great environment to see a game.

​Any time you're around, be glad to catch a game with you (or any of the MI crowd).  There's all sorts of bonus nights.  Thrifty Thursdays are dollar hot dogs and two dollar beers.  I think Monday is All Faiths night, bring a church bulletin and get discounted tickets.  And they have three Dime-a-Dog nights per season.