The next step for dare to tri (and future dates?)

Parr8hed

I have several things to think about.  First off, next year's race.  I am thinking June 25.  Sat.  @Airehead, @Old#7, UglyBob....start looking at that date.  Obviously not set in stone yet.

Next, I would like to start a tri camp.  I just don't really know how the hell to go about it.  I figure 1.5 hours a day for the 5 days leading up to the race.  Talk about transitions, ride, run, swim.  I need to figure out a way for kids to get signed up.  Open to any advice. 

Finally, I want to start a tri club.  I have an informal way to start this soon.  There is a race about 20 miles from here next month.  Several kids that did my race want to do that one as well after doing mine.  I thought about putting out on FB informal times that I was going to ride/run with MY kids and inviting anyone who wants to train with us.  We could all wear our race shirts to the next race and show up as an informal club.  This would form the basis for my tri club.

If anyone has any experience dealing with this sort of thing speak up please.

Just check liability issues...and  such..nothing like a lawsuit to mess up your fun.

​You can register a club with USAT (though I am not really sure what they do for you other than take your fiddy dollars) and you can get insurance for your club for 265 dollars a year.

Check out Team FeXY's website.  They are a national amateur tri team and have already done everything that you want to do.  If you have questions, reach out to them thru the contact section.  You can learn from their experiences and you don't have to repeat their mistakes.  I know them thru Spokes, the shop I used to work at, and they are great people to deal with.  http://www.teamfexy.com/index.cfm

Check out Team FeXY's website.  They are a national amateur tri team and have already done everything that you want to do.  If you have questions, reach out to them thru the contact section.  You can learn from their experiences and you don't have to repeat their mistakes.  I know them thru Spokes, the shop I used to work at, and they are great people to deal with.  http://www.teamfexy.com/index.cfm

​Thanks!

There's a website called signupgenius.com that let's you setup events and allows people to sign up for them.  Helps automate email alerts and stuff.  Might be helpful.

​We used that for the race volunteers.  It worked well.

I think the next step is a tri for bi-racial couples, because I don't think there is a tri for them.  I would also like to see a triathlons for dogs and cats.  Maybe one for crippled people, too, and seniors.

Was that helpful?

​What about gay bi-racial couples?  I hear about the cats and dogs but what about chickens?  There is not triathlon for chickens.  What about bi-racial chickens?

I think the date will work for us but will check with Mr. Aire.  My suggestion is to do a club that has a camp.  Doing 1.5 hours twice a week maybe for a month?  Or one week with 4 days of practice and night 5 is a transition speed contest, bike skills tests, and a team relay or something.  

That way you can get some insurance through USAT.  I do wonder if you should pay the money to speak with an attorney about minimizing risk.  All those parents are very nice until little Johnny Snowflake crashes his bike.

• Heart 1