Last rites

Randomguy

what do you care? you wanna make fun of that, too?

She has been a pain to everyone around her since she started being a pain at infancy, the world soon will be a better place.  I would like to make fun of last rites, but I will do that on the religious forum if it is funny.  I am just wondering what the mechanical steps are.  I assume there is a bill for this.

It is no longer called the "last rites" is is one of 7 scraments of the catholic church....now called sacrament of the sick.  At one time thought to be final blessing given to the dying...now it is given to the sick. as they said...google for more info..it is out there.  It will be pretty simple..

• Heart 1

How am I being a dick about it?

My grandmother made life difficult, extremely difficult at times, for my mother, but gave my uncle a free pass.

It embittered me against a woman that I loved then and loved now, but to see my mother hurt made me harbor very ill feelings towards her at times.  I realize that she was most likely unhappy and had to make someone else unhappy with her.

I am sorry that you do not like your mother in law or her attitudes and actions, but the way you speak of her is not nice in any way.  

Do not repay evil with evil.

While I can understand your thoughts and emotions, I am not sure that the way you go about expressing them is the best way to do so.

We are like a family here. If my brother or cousin was speaking that way about someone else in our family, I think I would tell them that I would be glad to listen to them in private but to stand in our front yard and rant was not the best thing to do.

It is no longer called the "last rites" is is one of 7 scraments of the catholic church....now called sacrament of the sick.  At one time thought to be final blessing given to the dying...now it is given to the sick. as they said...google for more info..it is out there.  It will be pretty simple..

I remember when it was called Extreme Unction. I also remember the Holy Ghost. And Latin masses.

I guess it's how I read this "I would like to make fun of last rites".

Ah, well, I do make fun of everything, because everything is an opportunity for humor, but especially if it is filled with silliness.  If last rites is filled with inordinate amounts of silliness, that'll be made fun of.  I did say I would do it in the other forum, if it is funny.  Examples of silliness would be if it was done in latin, for instance, or if there is some weird ritual spilling of chicken blood or somesuch.   I did find out that Nate is going to hell when I searched for information about it, though, I shared that over on the religion forum.  

My grandmother made life difficult, extremely difficult at times, for my mother, but gave my uncle a free pass.

It embittered me against a woman that I loved then and loved now, but to see my mother hurt made me harbor very ill feelings towards her at times.  I realize that she was most likely unhappy and had to make someone else unhappy with her.

I am sorry that you do not like your mother in law or her attitudes and actions, but the way you speak of her is not nice in any way.  

Do not repay evil with evil.

While I can understand your thoughts and emotions, I am not sure that the way you go about expressing them is the best way to do so.

We are like a family here. If my brother or cousin was speaking that way about someone else in our family, I think I would tell them that I would be glad to listen to them in private but to stand in our front yard and rant was not the best thing to do.

I am speaking the literal truth.  If you knew 10% of the story, you would have grabbed a pitchfork or a torch and called the townspeople out to help take care of things.