Could you recommend a Dojo?

AirwickWithCheese

I like the idea of men in silk robes slapping each other.  

​...my gi was made out of cheap cotton muslin, IIRC, with some sort of quilted padding in the jacket.  These guys have a well written website, but you have to go personally and see if they are assholes.  if you were serious about this, youi would sell all your worldly possessions, and go to Japan to study at the Kodokan.

Edited by Page Turner

I do not know. I'm sure my perception is warped by watching too much television as a youth. I do prefer the black robes rather than the white one worn by Danielson. I do believe I could be quite good with a lot of effort. I think I could take Chris by the end of this year.

I do not know. I'm sure my perception is warped by watching too much television as a youth. I do prefer the black robes rather than the white one worn by Danielson. I do believe I could be quite good with a lot of effort. I think I could take Chris by the end of this year.

​...stick with traditional Judo, falls and mat work at first.  A lot of older guys get hurt with all the striking and chopping formats in martial arts.  Later you can work up to chokes and arm bars, which are cool, but a little more risky, so require more experience.  Then, when you start to chase women again (assuming you ever stopped), you can show them how to choke you into submission when you act like a jerk.:)