Who knows a lot about Lake Powell?

Airehead

Been there few times. Basically, it's a big-ass lake backed up behind Glen Canyon Dam. The Dam is on the Arizona side, most of the lake is in Utah. There are hundreds of little side canyons to explore and about 1800 miles of shoreline. The best way to see the lake is by houseboat. Due to the drought out here, the lake is at it's lowest level since the dam was completed; Lake Mead has the same problem.

• Heart 1

My one and only camping real camping experience was there. Midway through the trip my friend realized her "peoples of the world slumber bag"  wasn't really designed for outdoor camping, so she got her boyfriend's waterproof serious sleeping bag, and he got the tween slumber bag.

A few years ago my brothers and I took our kids for a week on a house boat. Had a great time. Bob is right about all the little coves, inlets and stuff to explore. Also, the walls of the canyons are great with the striations and different layers of rock and sediment..kinda a geologist playground. Haven't followed the levels with the drought tho...

Expect a short but violent storm every afternoon around 2 or 3.

A houseboat rental is definitely the way to go.  If you can get enough people to go with you, the per person cost isn't too bad.  It is even better if you have or rent another smaller boat to tow behind and to use for water skiing or trips into smaller side canyons.  The water is down around 150 feet.  The water temperature in the summer is in the upper 70's to mid 80's.  The scenery is fantastic.  Definitely worth a trip.