I lost a piece of me

SuzieQ

At the dermatologist on Tuesday :o  Went for a check up because after finding a tick and doing a tick check about a month ago I noticed a the birthmark on my back was looking really weird and had really changed.  She wouldn't let me leave and cut out a huge piece.  11 stitches - 4 inside and 7 out.  

Who's going to help me change the dressing?

Did she give you her initial thoughts?

​she just explained all the bad things as she showed me the photo.  The one bad part that I couldn't even see by looking in the mirror was a section of white that was indented between the two very dark pieces.  did not know that a melanoma could be white.

• Heart 1

​she just explained all the bad things as she showed me the photo.  The one bad part that I couldn't even see by looking in the mirror was a section of white that was indented between the two very dark pieces.  did not know that a melanoma could be white.

Yeah, melanomas can take on several hues. But so can the benign lesions like keratoses and lentigines. 

Will keep my fingers crossed.

• Heart 2

Yowzers eleven stitches? [ feeling faint] :blink:

Vibes sent but it sounds like you caught it early. Whatever it was. 

​I felt like such a baby, but as she was slicing me I got so sweaty, dizzy even though I couldn't see anything and could only feel pressure, but in my mind I could picture everything!  I had to stay about an hour after because the wooziness wouldn't go away.

Thank for all the good wishes, I'm sure no matter how it turns out everything will be fine.

• Heart 3

Hoping for the best for you, Suzie.  :)

I had a melanoma removed last summer.  First procedure removed it and after the diagnosis, I had to go back to remove more of the surrounding flesh.  My scar is still red after a year and still hurts every once in a while.  I hope that is not a bad sign.  :(

• Heart 1

Hoping for the best for you, Suzie.  :)

I had a melanoma removed last summer.  First procedure removed it and after the diagnosis, I had to go back to remove more of the surrounding flesh.  My scar is still red after a year and still hurts every once in a while.  I hope that is not a bad sign.  :(

Prayers and vibes. 

• Heart 1

​I felt like such a baby, but as she was slicing me I got so sweaty, dizzy even though I couldn't see anything and could only feel pressure, but in my mind I could picture everything!  I had to stay about an hour after because the wooziness wouldn't go away.

Thank for all the good wishes, I'm sure no matter how it turns out everything will be fine.

​When I had plastic surgery on my eyelid after skin cancer I ask the surgeon if this was anywhere else on my body I could probably watch you work.  He said "yes you could, if you wanted to".  A few months later my dermatologist was cutting another one off of my bicep.  I started watching until I realized how much meat they were removing, I said: "I don't think I'm going to watch any more of this". All the doctors I have had working on me do really nice work.  You would have to look really close to see any sign of a scar anywhere on my body and I had had my broken hip pinned and several skin cancers removed, oh and I had my head stitched up one time when I got hit with a rock thrown up by a lawn mower while I was driving down the road.