who here would try this?

bikeman564™

Variations on this theme:

The devices are basically similar to the Bell jet backpack system of years ago except that instead of explosive rocket motors strapped to you there are waterjets that you control and a pump floating on the surface of the water at the end of that flexible pipe that provide the thrust for you to fly.  When I first saw the system the jets were up on your back and spread out like arms on either side, presumably for stability and ease of control.  The latest variations seem to involve boots with jets and there are some videos out there that show some wild aerobatics/acrobatics/aquabatics as the flyers flip and tumble about.  You are only constrained by the length and flexablilty of the hose going back to the pump.  The guy in this video has his pump system in or with a jet ski that follows him around.  He also has hand jets to go with the boot jets.  Fantastic.

I can easily picture it. You look pretty cool in that mental picture.  :D

I do not believe your mental picture is the same as mine as I crash into something :)

Hmmmmm.  How do you land?

I think there is a had control that allows you to adjust the amount of water... not to sure.

I do not believe your mental picture is the same as mine as I crash into something :)

I think there is a had control that allows you to adjust the amount of water... not to sure.

I picture you looking just as cool as the calm, cool, and smiling guy who is photochopped into the picture. :D

Variations on this theme:

The devices are basically similar to the Bell jet backpack system of years ago except that instead of explosive rocket motors strapped to you there are waterjets that you control and a pump floating on the surface of the water at the end of that flexible pipe that provide the thrust for you to fly.  When I first saw the system the jets were up on your back and spread out like arms on either side, presumably for stability and ease of control.  The latest variations seem to involve boots with jets and there are some videos out there that show some wild aerobatics/acrobatics/aquabatics as the flyers flip and tumble about.  You are only constrained by the length and flexablilty of the hose going back to the pump.  The guy in this video has his pump system in or with a jet ski that follows him around.  He also has hand jets to go with the boot jets.  Fantastic.

That vid certainly answered my questions! That looks awesome. Heck yeah, I'd do that.

I picture you looking just as cool as the calm, cool, and smiling guy who is photochopped into the picture. :D

You would have to photochopp me, only because as soon as I start that contraption.... I will be underwater! lol

• Heart 1