People are oblivious - RANT! <language>

Dirtyhip

So, I was coming down this trail.  I wasn't going slow, either.  There is a steep downhill and it drops you down onto a paved road off a single track trail.  These idiots are standing right at the bottom of the exit.  There is a HUGE road that is closed to traffic for them to stand in and they are standing right at the base of the single track exit.  i slam my brakes and shave off all my speed.  Their little dog jumps and i carefully ride through them at about 5 mph. I had no where to exit safely.  They gave me dirty look.  No doubt they were talking about me after I left "those crazy bikers....blah blah blah"

GET YOUR STUPID ASSES OUT OF THE WAY!  i was going like triple the speed before i saw them and had to slow way the heck down.  I shaved it all down to exit around these jackasses. It's like standing in a doorway and being irritated by people entering and exiting a building.  

Do people not realize there is a whole world going on around them.  AHHHHHH!  

Sorry, had to vent.

Edited by Dirtyhip
  • Heart 2

On the same line of thought

I leave town to go to our vacation house. Have to go through the mountain passes. Motor homes, trailers and underpowered trucks hauling 4 wheelers. I know the drill and don't get too excited. There are only a few passing areas.

Right before I get to the top of the mountain a car passes a motor home at about 60 or so. It's coming to the end of the passing area so I'm jamming on their *ss. Then....the car hits their brakes as the passenger hangs out the window to wave at the peeps in the MH. A few horn honks and I get past em both

Other than that it was a nice trip. The doggehs got treats at a roadside stand. I stop there for a milkshake. The owner knows our doggehs now and knows they are beggers

I will add in Woscrapr here now. She schedules a lunch with some friends at 3:00 pm on getaway day.Do the math. An hour for lunch. Then.....right into the teeth of traffic. Hello 5 hour trip. I might just sleep then get up early. It's a 2:45 trip with no traffic

Edited by Scrapr
  • Heart 1

It's a holiday weekend.  Nobody sane is out there with JQ public.  My trip home was laced with folks on the wrong side of the centerline coming at me.

Sorry DH, if it was me I'd give the trails to ma and pa idiot this weekend and stay home and work on the bikes or something else.  The only time I've been hurt in the last several years was on a holiday weekend waiting for an extended family to walk through the gate at a trail end.  I was sitting there left foot unclipped on the ground drinking water when some lard ass walking backwards knocked me over on the clipped in side.  I just took my bleeding self home without hurting him.

It's a holiday weekend.  Nobody sane is out there with JQ public.  My trip home was laced with folks on the wrong side of the centerline coming at me.

Sorry DH, if it was me I'd give the trails to ma and pa idiot this weekend and stay home and work on the bikes or something else.  The only time I've been hurt in the last several years was on a holiday weekend waiting for an extended family to walk through the gate at a trail end.  I was sitting there left foot unclipped on the ground drinking water when some lard ass walking backwards knocked me over on the clipped in side.  I just took my bleeding self home without hurting him.

​Well, luckily I got out early enough to not see a single soul, with the exception of my doctor friend.  The trails were all mine this morning.  I was schralpin it up in mad fashion.  The jumps were all mine today.  Most of the ride was just great.  

• Heart 1

​Well, luckily I got out early enough to not see a single soul, with the exception of my doctor friend.  The trails were all mine this morning.  I was schralpin it up in mad fashion.  The jumps were all mine today.  Most of the ride was just great.  

​Of course it's easy for me to advise giving up the trails on holiday weekends........I'm retired, the trails are mine monday through thursday whenever I want.  It's not as exciting as your trails but I live adjacent to a complex of trails that extend out about 60 miles with some fire roads mixed in.  (mostly rails to trails),  When that gets boring I take the road bike out and pretend to be a duck in a shooting gallery.  That usually lasts for about 2 days before I go back to the trails.

Were they dedicated bike trails or can hikers and horses use them too?

​Multi use trails.  You can banzai around all you want but you will have to slow down for the hikers and stop for the horses.  

One of the things that frosts me is bikers going past walkers at a high rate of speed.  On these trails the bikers can be the cagers.

On weekdays however there are very few people on my trail.  We sort of know each other and give a bit of mutual respect.  My dog walkers actually stop and bring their dogs to heal and I slow to ride by and actually say good morning.  :D  Many of the horse people carry a sort of long handled pooper scooper.  They at least push the piles off to the side of the trail.

Inconceivable.