I'm an A'hole

KrAzY

You should be ashamed,  Krazy. Carl is saving me a spot under the bridge, no kidding. I didn't go last year but the year before was perfect views. 

I always thank him by buying a pizza and some grape soda. I also remind him I carry a gun in case he forgets we're friends and he decides to try and rob me. 

You should be ashamed,  Krazy. Carl is saving me a spot under the bridge, no kidding. I didn't go last year but the year before was perfect views. 

I always thank him by buying a pizza and some grape soda. I also remind him I carry a gun in case he forgets we're friends and he decides to try and rob me. 

I highly doubt this is true...
1) You can not watch fireworks from under a bridge
2) Carl does not like grape soda... he likes Hot Coco
3) Carl does not care if you have a gun... he has one also! 

• Heart 3

You should make your foray an annual event! :nod head:

I would not suggest that next year you move all the stakes so they 'claim' an area under a tree... :whistle:

I was thinking about shortening their rectangle or square by a few feet... just giving them room for only one person to sit. 

In Portland there are two parades in june. same thing chairs & duct tape set up days in advance The City Council actually had to deal with this

they set up a 24 hour limit I think It was a big hoo haw

I was actually wondering what someone would do if you decided to just take over their spot they were holding. How big of a battle could it turn into if they were confronted about it really being a spot I was holding..  

I was actually wondering what someone would do if you decided to just take over their spot they were holding. How big of a battle could it turn into if they were confronted about it really being a spot I was holding..  

In today's nation, it would prompt a fistfight, an assault charge, and a very large news headline.

The very fact that those spots get staked out two days in advance shows just how wrong entitlement has gotten in the course of our lifetimes.

• Heart 1

In today's nation, it would prompt a fistfight, an assault charge, and a very large news headline.

The very fact that those spots get staked out two days in advance shows just how wrong entitlement has gotten in the course of our lifetimes.

On one hand, I really, really like Krazy's actions.  On the other hand, I respect the idiots that stake out a spot, knowing that nothing really gives them claim to any particular spot other than the kindness of others.  They have to laugh to themselves when that works.  It is a weird kind of respect, I admit.  All in all, society would be better if those people were removed from it, but again, the sheer ballsiness of staking out an area in advance is hilarious as hell, but not as hilarious as seeing them come back and having other people in "their" spot.

• Heart 1

Last night my family did end up going to the park that we so kindly cleaned up for the other guests.. We parked our blanket and chair in a wonderful location to see the display. 

There was very little conflict going on about who was sitting where , but there was a lot of confusion on what happened to their "claimed" spots.. One guy we noticed for so posses he threw his chair and the obscenities screamed were enjoyable to watch.. Anyone else just looked slightly confused but picked a new spot and sat down. 

I think this was one of the better displays they had for the last couple of years.

We had friends that used to live along a parade route. They recently found out that the whole time they lived there, their kids would always sneak out in the middle of the night and move everyone's "spot reservation chairs" from one side of the road to the other. They were furious. But only because they weren't in on the joke too. We used to do this as kids growing up in the city when people put chairs out to save the parking spots that they kept shoveled in the winter. :D

• Heart 2

On the other hand, I respect the idiots that stake out a spot, knowing that nothing really gives them claim to any particular spot other than the kindness of others.

I don't think it's so much as kindness, as it is people not wanting to get into an argument or conflict.

We had similar situations occur in our church for special events such as children's concerts or graduations.  People would arrive and string out scarves and coats, taking up a dozen seats for their family members.  Who, as often as not, arrived late and disrupted the event.

Eventually the priest had to start making announcements that at 15 minutes before the performance started he would kindly thank the people who had saved seats to give them over to their fellow parishoners who would like to be seated. 

I found most interesting the uncharitable looks the 'seat savers' gave to people who sat down in the supposedly reserved spaces.

In my mind if you want a better seat to an important event then demonstrate your interest yourself by showing up early.

• Heart 3