Today I installed

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

forty feet of French Drain, using a rather ingenious product.

ezflow__large.jpg

It's a pre-assembled perforated pipe, styrofoam 'pebbles', and a filter fabric.  No hauling drainage rock.  :nod head:

Took me a fair part of the day to lift the sod, remove two shrubs, dig the trench, install the pipe, backfill, and replace the sod.  Big question - what to do with the excess soil displaced by the drain pipe?  Having no other place on my property, I moved aside the stairs to the front porch, spread the soil evenly underneath it, then put the steps back.

Cloudy the first hour, then it rained steadily for the next three.  I got thoroughly soaked, especially since I was installing the drain right where water dripped off the roof.  But on the bright side I got to see the fruits of my labors when water started running out the daylighted end of the drain.  And, of course, once I finished the rain stopped and the sun came out.

The most odd thing I found about installing the French drain was a continuous, irresistible urge to surrender. :scratch head:

• Heart 3

Excellent, though I'm wondering why you just didn't hook the hitch up to the truck & move the house out of the way so you wouldn't have to work under the drips??

Because he is an Amateur!